Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help needed

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have a feeling someone has sent me a key logger virus, because when I signed in to my messenger it said that I was signed in two places
    This was after i gave my email address to someone.

Is this possible and how ca i get rid of it?
    Thank you
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justbreathe)
    Hi

I have a feeling someone has sent me a key logger virus, because when I signed in to my messenger it said that I was signed in two places

Thank you
    Use a different computer to change any passwords which you might have entered during the time.

Then scan your computers for hidden viruses, maybe a rootkit scan.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Use a different computer to change any passwords which you might have entered during the time.

Then scan your computers for hidden viruses, maybe a rootkit scan.
    Thanks, i've used the same computer to change the password :O and am scanning now using a anti spyware scan, should i change the password again now using a different computer?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Download winpatrol and malwarebytes.

If they don't catch it, I don't know what will.

Also if you are really having trouble sign up for hackforums and request help, these people are the type of people who write keyloggers etc and they are incredibly helpful in helping you remove viruses and stuff, they've done it for me.

Good luck.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i've used the same computer to change the password :O and am scanning now using a anti spyware scan, should i change the password again now using a different computer?
    Yes, because if you have a key logger virus, it essentially tracks which keys your press and then can work out your password by looking at what your looking at.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Yes, because if you have a key logger virus, it essentially tracks which keys your press and then can work out your password by looking at what your looking at.
    OMG :'(

They can see what im looking at?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agenda Suicide)
    Download winpatrol and malwarebytes.

If they don't catch it, I don't know what will.

Also if you are really having trouble sign up for hackforums and request help, these people are the type of people who write keyloggers etc and they are incredibly helpful in helping you remove viruses and stuff, they've done it for me.

Good luck.
    Thanks, i'm using another spyware atm, but will do the following after this scan.
    I'm trying to get on to hackfroums but it says this site has potential security risks?? Should i still proceed?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to panic :'(
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG :'(

They can see what im looking at?
    Possibly, remote connection.

Just get anything out of your system.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i'm using another spyware atm, but will do the following after this scan.
    I'm trying to get on to hackfroums but it says this site has potential security risks?? Should i still proceed?
    Yes. The site is marked because it is literally a place for hackers. These people are the type of people that code these viruses and then execute keyloggers etc so that they can watch your computer.

However if you don't act an idiot, ask nicely and just post a casual thread asking for help they are more than willing to help.

There is literally no threat, the only threat is if somebody who doesn't really say much posts a link, or doesn't sound genuine. If you need any help determining if a post is genuine just send me a message.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The site is marked because it is literally a place for hackers. These people are the type of people that code these viruses and then execute keyloggers etc so that they can watch your computer.

However if you don't act an idiot, ask nicely and just post a casual thread asking for help they are more than willing to help.

There is literally no threat, the only threat is if somebody who doesn't really say much posts a link, or doesn't sound genuine. If you need any help determining if a post is genuine just send me a message.
    Thanks, I'll just wait for this scan to finish first (it's taking aaages, it said to have found 800 and something threats which it is removing ), and try the above scans you mentioned. How do i know if it's worked or not??

I'm really worried about using the forum, i mean those people are actual hackers? how do i know they'd help me?
    can I also pm you before I decide to use the forum?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll just wait for this scan to finish first (it's taking aaages, it said to have found 800 and something threats which it is removing ), and try the above scans you mentioned. How do i know if it's worked or not??

I'm really worried about using the forum, i mean those people are actual hackers? how do i know they'd help me?
    can I also pm you before I decide to use the forum?
    Hahaha scans take hours for the most part, I wouldn't wait up all night.

And you can see if your computer acts up, download other anti-virus and download sometihng like winpatrol which tells you in more detail what is running on your computer, more advanced than anything you can see through task manager, it's free too.

I honestly couldn't tell you if it's worked or not by just posting on here.

And yes, some are learners, some are just there for the sake of it and some are genuine hackers. They will help you because they like to show what they can do and show their knowledge off, they're not necessarily bad just because they're hackers. Most of them have good intentions, hackers aren't just bad people haha

And yes feel free, that is no problem.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha scans take hours for the most part, I wouldn't wait up all night.

And you can see if your computer acts up, download other anti-virus and download sometihng like winpatrol which tells you in more detail what is running on your computer, more advanced than anything you can see through task manager, it's free too.

I honestly couldn't tell you if it's worked or not by just posting on here.

And yes, some are learners, some are just there for the sake of it and some are genuine hackers. They will help you because they like to show what they can do and show their knowledge off, they're not necessarily bad just because they're hackers. Most of them have good intentions, hackers aren't just bad people haha

And yes feel free, that is no problem.
    Lol, I wish I started the scan earlier, i'm not sure if i just close my laptop whether it will continue scanning when I turn it on again
    I'm using the superantispyware at the moment. Just worried because I don't know when I was hacked ( i think today though) and have been through a lot of sites and passwords since, which i'll need to change tomorrow.

I guess i may have to use the forum to find out if it's worked and didn't know that about good hackers. Makes me feel better now though, thaks ! can't thank you enough for your help.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thank you
    It's 99% likely that it's not a virus.
    You're signed into Facebook, or Hotmail (which count as places), or on your mobile.
    Just have a look, sign yourself out of one of the places - and it will usually say where.

It could be though, just run it to be on the safeside, but my windows live often reports that I'm online in two places, having a look at the locations will help you out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try do a system restore see if anything happens?
    and ON FB my acc always says i am in two places because my mobile internet is different location

a keylogger records all your key strokes
    install commodo firewall and try block and out going connections which look too dodgy?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.