Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bulking Diet?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

im coming to the end of my first cut, since Jan ive cut from 12 stone to so far 10 stone 8, probably going to 10 stone.

My question is what kinds of foods, calorie and macro targets should i be looking at? I eat very specific foods at the moment to loose the weight and havent done a bulk before so dont want to screw up and get fat again instead!

Thanks for any tips and help with this
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What were you eating before this weight loss? And what have you been eating during it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    What were you eating before this weight loss? And what have you been eating during it?
    before i was eating **** food and not caring, sugar, sat fat all that junk, just didnt really care.

Been eating, no sugar, no sat fats, only natural foods, if its got more than like 3 ingredients normally i steer clear. keeping only 3 meals a day no snacks etc. probably get around 1800cal a day.

why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you start training heavy to gain muscle, your calorie needs will be higher. You'll simply want to eat as you're doing now, but in greater amounts. You can also be a bit looser on restricting fats and sugars. Just don't go back to eating like a fat man and you won't be fat.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    If you start training heavy to gain muscle, your calorie needs will be higher. You'll simply want to eat as you're doing now, but in greater amounts. You can also be a bit looser on restricting fats and sugars. Just don't go back to eating like a fat man and you won't be fat.
    fair point, so perhaps drink more whole milk for fat and im guessing sugars will naturally increase as i eat more of my current foods

Im not sure what stance to take on fats and sat fat though, i guess i can eat some peanut butter, fish oil capsules and the milk to get all my fats?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work out your bodies daily expenditure in calories.

Calculate your protein needs (~1g/lb bw is a good benchmark).
    Calculate your fat needs (~0.5g/lb bw is a good benchmark too).
    Fill out the rest with carbs.

Then add on 10-20% calories on top of that through a mix of protein/carbs/fats.

Adjust on a weekly/fortnightly basis.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    Hey guys

im coming to the end of my first cut, since Jan ive cut from 12 stone to so far 10 stone 8, probably going to 10 stone.

My question is what kinds of foods, calorie and macro targets should i be looking at? I eat very specific foods at the moment to loose the weight and havent done a bulk before so dont want to screw up and get fat again instead!

Thanks for any tips and help with this
    Dude. You weigh 10 stone. That is ****ing tiny. Did you start lifting weights to get smaller?

There is no reason why you shouldn't be trying to cram as much food down your throat as is physically possible. You will get stronger and you will get bigger. You can't sculpt a pebble.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Dude. You weigh 10 stone. That is ****ing tiny. Did you start lifting weights to get smaller?

There is no reason why you shouldn't be trying to cram as much food down your throat as is physically possible. You will get stronger and you will get bigger. You can't sculpt a pebble.
    Tbf, he could be like 5' or something, unless I've missed his height somewhere.

Op, eat 3kcals a day, 150g of protein, do whatever the **** you want with carbs/fats just don't take the piss.

Weigh yourself once a week, you should aim to put on no more than a lb or so a week. Keep an eye on your BF% If you can as well.

Based on what you're eating at the moment (assuming you're getting enough protein) just follow SEhughes advice and eat bigger portions, if you still struggle drink 2l of milk a day (~1k cals, 70g protein, 35g fat (if it's semi skimmed)).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)

im 5ft 10. I was 12 stone and that was overweight, cutting dow to 10 stone so when i bulk i dont get to fat. proper lifting hasnt started yet just base strength training whilst cutting.

(Original post by RollerBall)
    Tbf, he could be like 5' or something, unless I've missed his height somewhere.

Op, eat 3kcals a day, 150g of protein, do whatever the **** you want with carbs/fats just don't take the piss.

Weigh yourself once a week, you should aim to put on no more than a lb or so a week. Keep an eye on your BF% If you can as well.

Based on what you're eating at the moment (assuming you're getting enough protein) just follow SEhughes advice and eat bigger portions, if you still struggle drink 2l of milk a day (~1k cals, 70g protein, 35g fat (if it's semi skimmed)).
    cals wont be a problem, admittedly i do get to many carbs vs protein and fat because my parents buy **** food for me to try and fit into my intake
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    12 stone isnt over weight at 5'10. u may have been too fat, but overweight and too fat are 2 different things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sconter)
    12 stone isnt over weight at 5'10. u may have been too fat, but overweight and too fat are 2 different things.
    yea i know what you mean, but no definition on your entire torso and fat on your stomach you can grab isnt a good look, so cutting 2 stone has solved that. bulk time soon!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your cutting to 10 stone and your 5' 10? You should be bulking bro that's just skinny, start your bulk now, up your kcals by 600 and see how it goes
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfernoUk)
    yea i know what you mean, but no definition on your entire torso and fat on your stomach you can grab isnt a good look, so cutting 2 stone has solved that. bulk time soon!
    Abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat bird. Nobody gives a ****.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    12 stone for your size is pretty healthy lol. You are probably just a little out of shape.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

im bulking from july as i finish my placement year. trust me i was fat i have pics. but now im happy where i am and am just getting that little bit more gone before i go bulking across next year of uni!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.