Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The new episodes of the Simpsons

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I stopped watching Simpsons ages ago, so the legacy of the show will remain in my childhood memories.

You know you watched the show during it's prime if you know which episode the pic below is from:

Alien Burns. Lol.

Homer was sprayed with alcohol in this ep?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    some manage to keep up though. king on the hill did, what 12/13 seasons and was probably the most consistently brilliant show of all time. I don't think there's a bad episode in there out of two hundred and something, and very few average ones.

South Park has maintained enough quality episodes to be worth watching though, I think. Whereas family guy was only briefly any good, then it wore thin, then it got even ****ter.
    I've never watched King of the Hill. I should really check it out.

South Park's a really weird one. I don't think there's ever been a "perfect" season, there's always some real duds mixed in with some total gems. It just seems that while in early seasons, 80-90% of the episodes were gems, now it's more like 40-50%. Some of the best episodes ever have been recent ones though, like the Kanye West and World of Warcraft one. Gotta hand it to Trey and Parker for carrying the show for 16 seasons without writing staff though. Clever guys.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Thedreaming*)
    Alien Burns. Lol.

Homer was sprayed with alcohol in this ep?
    rum
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    I've never watched King of the Hill. I should really check it out.
    you must watch it from the start though. it really benefits as some of them become quite complex, well developed characters. And you have to give it time and appreciate that so much of the humour comes from the development. A lot of people watch it and just kinds go, well, it was ok. If you watch standalone episodes you'll not gain a appreciation of where the humour is derived from a lot of the time
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I stopped watching Simpsons ages ago, so the legacy of the show will remain in my childhood memories.

You know you watched the show during it's prime if you know which episode the pic below is from:

Loved this scene

Mr Burns: "I bring you peace"

Mob: "He brings us peace, let's get him"

lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    some manage to keep up though. King of The Hill did, what 12/13 seasons and was probably the most consistently brilliant show of all time. I don't think there's a bad episode in there out of two hundred and something, and very few average ones.

South Park has maintained enough quality episodes to be worth watching though, I think. Whereas family guy was only briefly any good, then it wore thin, then it got even ****ter.
    Dunno South Park had a period of getting better and better, but since the beginning of season 15 it seems to be going a little downhill.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched an episode that was from series 14 or 16 about three weeks ago.
    I haven't laughed so much in AGES - it was truly hilarious.

I've watched 1 or 2 episodes from later series' and it's just left me cold and sad about how something I LOVED SO MUCH has turned so pants
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:

"It's bringing love, don't let it get away!"
    "Break its legs!"

Agreed, Simpsons is awful now. The celebrity cameos are so contrived: "oh look who it is Marge, it's host of American Idol, Simon Cowell". Who the **** talks like that? The plots aren't remotely interesting anymore, Homer has become really unlikeable, and the jokes aren't clever or funny. Southpark is also dying now, I can't watch any of the new episodes. It's become too unfunnily crude and celebrity-obsessed.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    new simpsons :yucky:

classic simpsons were the best :moon: i never get bored rewatching old eps and they still keep me loling til this day :yep:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    rum
    so no one will believe your story!

Old times :cry:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    "It's bringing love, don't let it get away!"
    "Break its legs!"
    :rofl:

It's not a monster, it's Mr. Burns.
    Aw, it's Mr. Burns. Kill it! Kill it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    South Park is pretty terrible right now, but only because Fox won't let Trey and Parker end it like they want so instead they're running it into the ground. What do people think of new Futurama? I think it's alright but there's something missing from before and I can't quite put my finger on it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peak Simpsons was probably the best TV show in history or somewhere up there, nowadays its lost most of its wittyness and subtlety, the jokes are just too predictable and even cringeworthy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest not even the best shows last more than about seven years without needing wholesale cast changes, spin-offs and the like. It's a sad fact of televisual life. The ones which have been going decades like Coronation Street and Doctor Who build character renewal mechanisms into the plot. The Simpsons did pretty well, I think it was probably still half decent until about 2003 which gives it a good 13 years.

And that ****ing alien freaks me out to this day.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lady Gaga episode is probably the first one I've actually wanted to watch in years. I can't wait to see it. To be fair to the show, I'd say after Season 12 was when the show lost it's old magic. In newer episodes, there are dribs and drabs of it about, but it's still nowhere near as dire anymore as it was back in c.2005/6.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacredWolf)
    South Park is pretty terrible right now, but only because Fox won't let Trey and Parker end it like they want so instead they're running it into the ground. What do people think of new Futurama? I think it's alright but there's something missing from before and I can't quite put my finger on it
    I only watched Seasons 1-4 after it got cancelled. When was season 5 on TV?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i havent watched the simpsons in a long time (switched tv provider and chosen tv packages didnt have sky in them), but i want to...including futurama

regarding those 'new' episodes... are you sure your taste didnt just change...i.e from growing/etc?
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    I only watched Seasons 1-4 after it got cancelled. When was season 5 on TV?
    season 5 was the four DVD movies.

Season 6 was on June 2010 through last September (split into two parts - June - September and July - September), season 7 starts next month (20th June). I don't think they've been on UK TV yet, just US but there are ways of watching them online if you know what you're doing.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    i havent watched the simpsons in a long time (switched tv provider and chosen tv packages didnt have sky in them), but i want to...including futurama

regarding those 'new' episodes... are you sure your taste didnt just change...i.e from growing/etc?
    I am one trillion percent sure my tastes did not change. I find the old episodes as funny as ever (especially if I haven't seen them for a long time). The new episodes are friggin terrible. There's an 'accusations of decline in quality' section on Simpson's Wikipedia page from what I remember so it's not just a few of us who feel that way.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The absolute PINNACLE of the Simpsons. Still my favourite episode.
    The Bart, The.
    Mr. Thompson.
    The rakes.
    Homer and the hockey mask.
    HMS Pinafore.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

When it used to be on twice on Friday evenings on BBC2, it was at its absolute best. Late 90's Simpsons ftw.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki TV section

Quick link:

Unanswered TV threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.