The Student Room Group

Cyclist offers Homeless man "anything he can eat"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubblyminty
For a start he does seem to be doing well for a homeless guy. His hair is neat and face not too shabby for a homeless guy. He could not have been that hungry judging by his figure.

He might have only been made homeless recently.
Such a nice deed. But makes you wonder...how did this buy end up homeless in the first place? He could have been a convict.

You shouldn't judge without knowing anything about him, he could be homeless due to reasons outside of his reach. Even if it is due to his own actions it doesn't mean that he deserves to starve. We have all made mistakes and aren't perfect and might need help someday , you'd like to think that someone would help you in situations like this.
I have seen this guy's (the cyclist) postings before. he records his daily journey and then posts if anything interesting happens. Seems like a nice guy, if a little odd. :~)
Original post by Origami Bullets
We're all only 3 months away from homelessness ourselves - something goes wrong in our lives, redundancy, job loss, victim of crime etc., and it can all go tits up faster than you realise - and that's how people like you and I end up homeless.

Don't ever think you're immune.

This.

It's terrifying how close most people are to the edge without even knowing it.
Does anyone know how it was filmed? he seemed way taller than everyone else. Also, obviously it was a really nice thing to do, but filming it and putting on youtube makes me think he might have been doing it for the wrong reasons:s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by LarrikinLibertine
Does anyone know how it was filmed? he seemed way taller than everyone else. Also, obviously it was a really nice thing to do, but filming it and putting on youtube makes me think he might have been doing it for the wrong reasons:s-smilie:

He records his cycle to work after getting hit by a car
For a start he does seem to be doing well for a homeless guy. His hair is neat and face not too shabby for a homeless guy. He could not have been that hungry judging by his figure.

Somebody's weight doesn't really tell you how hungry they are feeling though. Apparently the average otherwise healthy adult human can go about 6 weeks with no food. This guy could easily have gone a week with no food and still be that size. You don't know how long he's been homeless for so you can't really judge him from appearances.
Original post by LarrikinLibertine

It'll be a helmet cam. Some cyclists wear them to collect evidence in the event of a crash caused by another road user (I've had so many near misses I've been pondering buying one myself).
There are loads of helmet cam guys on youtube but I've never seen one quite like this, it's amazing
This being "inspiring" to people is incredibly depressing though. It either means they are doing it for praise (why else post on here that you'll do the same...), or until today they'd never given a second thought about the homeless.
Original post by callum9999
This being "inspiring" to people is incredibly depressing though. It either means they are doing it for praise (why else post on here that you'll do the same...), or until today they'd never given a second thought about the homeless.

That's sadly definitely true for most people, and is most likely why the video is affecting people in such a way.
Why would he video this? o.o
Why do people think because someones homless there automaticly a drug addict or a "convict" unless you understand there situation don't judge it.
Reply 33
aw bless him!
Original post by pixelfrag
Why would he video this? o.o

You clearly didn't bother to read any of the posts prior to your own. :rolleyes:
When i was 4, I once asked a homeless man if we wants to live with my family and I because he looked uncomfortable.
Original post by NutterFrutter
You clearly didn't bother to read any of the posts prior to your own. :rolleyes:

I did, but after posting and was too lazy to edit/delete lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending