The Student Room Group

According to economist article, Jews are genetically superior

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Antifascist
http://www.economist.com/node/4032638

So if Jews, which in this article have been separated as a race can be more intelligent than non Jews. Can't this be true for non Jews?
For instance East Asians do better in IQ tests and schooling than European Whites. And Europeans do significantly better than Africans.
So I think it is indeed the case that different races have different intelligences.

And yet one man came along and managed to kill 6 million of them :eek:.
Smart people would've seen it coming
Reply 21
Original post by poohat
There's a fair bit of research suggesting that those from higher social classes on average have higher IQs. Its not just the culture of breeding, its that if you have (eg) two people both born into a lower class family, then the smarter one is on average more likely to succeed and move up a social class, and this builds up over generations. For example see: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001127 and onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1080/0007131022000021489/pdf

Although you wouldn't always know it from the (expensive) private school I go to, lol.
Reply 22
Original post by ckingalt
Shalom.

Is that a Jewish chat-up?
Reply 23
Original post by SoNottingH
Is that a Jewish chat-up?

Its a greeting in Hebrew.
Reply 24
Original post by ckingalt
Its a greeting in Hebrew.

OK. Shalom!
Reply 25
Original post by TurboCretin
I am willing to bet that there are greater differences within the classes than between them.

Why would you think that? Class inbreeding quite obviously creates limited gene pools which can move very quickly when there's a bottleneck.
Original post by Hypocrism
Why would you think that? Class inbreeding quite obviously creates limited gene pools which can move very quickly when there's a bottleneck.

You think the classes are small enough to create inbreeding?
Reply 27
Original post by poohat
There's a fair bit of research suggesting that those from higher social classes on average have genetically higher IQs. Its not just the culture of breeding, its that if you have (eg) two people both born into a low income family, then the smarter one is on average more likely to succeed and move up a social class, and this builds up over generations. For example see: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289606001127 and http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/daniel.nettle/britishjournalpsychology.pdf

The first article points out a correlation between intelligence and success, and parental socio-economic status and success. That isn't equivalent to a correlation between intelligence and socio-economic status. There hasn't been sufficient time spent co-evolving for something as complicated and important as intelligence to develop further in one class than another, and probably not between races either. It's environment, which includes resources, education, and connections, which allows high socio-economic class parents to try to ensure their offspring's success socio-economically.

The second article contradicts your point, saying that intelligence and effort, (as well as qualifications) not class, is most important in determining success.
Reply 28
Original post by TurboCretin
You think the classes are small enough to create inbreeding?

Not consanguineous inbreeding, but inbreeding within the class is common, due to societal pressures. E.G. An upper class person had pressure from their family to marry another upper class person, a lower class person didn't have the education or connections to provide for / meet expectations of a middle class person. So the three random gene pools were mostly separated for an extended period of time, and each of them would have had their own evolutionary pressures.

For example, the lower class would have probably benefited from high immunity more than the upper class, so we would expect the lower class to have a noticeably different (note: not necessarily BETTER, but different due to the differing pressure) immune systems. Perhaps lungs would also be affected especially among miners of the lower classes.
Reply 29
If it's true, I want an Ashkenazi to father my children, lulz.

Well hello there :sexface:
Original post by bahjat93
And yet one man came along and managed to kill 6 million of them :eek:.
Smart people would've seen it coming

Thats not a very nice argument.

Something ive not seen written but seems likely to me is that when jews came to europe different countries offered different opportunities. The higher class jews found opportunity in workmanlike intellectual germany while the lower classes quite liked the idea of sitting on a beach napping and saying "mañana" all the time. Hence the two types of jews. :smile:
Reply 31
Jews aren't very intellectual they are clever. If you get what I mean there. They are always in the interest market, making money while sitting down. That's how they get rich and they are so big in America.
Original post by Tackla
Jews aren't very intellectual they are clever. If you get what I mean there. They are always in the interest market, making money while sitting down. That's how they get rich and they are so big in America.

Actually they traditionally are. Their religious texts are some on the most complex ive seen and also mean they gain language learning experience. Hebrew is a beautiful looking language, but weighed against this is their tendency to dress like dorks.

hebrew.jpg ultra-orthodox-jews2.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Nephilim
Well hello there :sexface:

Are you Ashkenazi? What's your IQ?
Reply 34
AshkeNAZI...
Reply 35
Original post by Arekkusu
AshkeNAZI...

Oh God, yeah, you must be like the first person in the entire world who spotted that.
Reply 36
WEEYY! Im Jewish and its true there are a lot of 'clever' Jewish people, but I doubt its genetic. And Shalom :biggrin:
I think you're wrong. Jews intellectual superiority is clearly genetic. What social or environmental variables are there? European jews live and have lived in the same environment and society as non jewish europeans. And east asians and western europeans are not as broad as you think, they all came from a small pool hundreds of thousands of years ago and have simply increased their population exponentially.

Well, a lot of the smarter ones emigrated from Europe around mid-1930s. Might have had something to do with it.
Reply 38
http://www.economist.com/node/4032638

So if Jews, which in this article have been separated as a race can be more intelligent than non Jews. Can't this be true for non Jews?
For instance East Asians do better in IQ tests and schooling than European Whites. And Europeans do significantly better than Africans.
So I think it is indeed the case that different races have different intelligences.

no, what that shows is people are exposed to different environments (education systems) and this reflects in tests. IQ tests don't measure intelligence, they measure knowledge.
Reply 39
Oh God, yeah, you must be like the first person in the entire world who spotted that.

jews aren't any smarter, just better educated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending