Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Same-sex couples to get IVF on the NHS

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...nt-on-NHS.html

Utter madness. If I took my future wife to the doctor, and asked for IVF on the NHS because I was repulsed by the idea of having vaginal sex with her, would I get it? No chance.

Whaddya think, liberals?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    IVF is for couples who cannot concieve, hence why same-sex couples would have it. Not for those who just can't be bothered to have sex. Get things right before you judge.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HellOnHighHeels)
    IVF is for couples who cannot concieve, hence why same-sex couples would have it. Not for those who just can't be bothered to have sex. Get things right before you judge.
    What's stopping a gay man from having sex with a woman? What if I preferred anal sex with my future wife?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol at anyone getting IVF on the NHS. This is the kind of thing I definitely don't want my tax money going towards. If you get this done, do it privately not with taxpayer money.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    If fertility treatment is going to be available on the NHS, something I'm in two minds about anyway, then it should definitely be available to same sex couples as well. There is no rational reason to deny them the same treatment.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    What's stopping a gay man from having sex with a woman? What if I preferred anal sex with my future wife?
    By that logic, what's stopping you with having sex with a man if you preferred anal sex? Would you want to be forced into having sex with someone you didn't want to?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HellOnHighHeels)
    By that logic, what's stopping you with having sex with a man if you preferred anal sex? Would you want to be forced into having sex with someone you didn't want to?
    But there would be no benefit to me having anal sex with a man, as there would be to a gay man having sex with a woman (i.e. children).

IVF is for people who have fertility diseases. Now, I'm all for same-sex IVF, but logically, homosexuality has to be recognised as a disease for this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe anyone should get IVF on the NHS but if straight couples are getting it so should gay
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    If fertility treatment is going to be available on the NHS, something I'm in two minds about anyway, then it should definitely be available to same sex couples as well. There is no rational reason to deny them the same treatment.
    But it's used to treat those who can't conceive due to fertility diseases. Is homosexuality a disease?
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    IVF is for people who have fertility diseases. Now, I'm all for same-sex IVF, but logically, homosexuality has to be recognised as a disease for this.
    Is there any piece of legislature that actually states that it's for couples with infertility diseases, rather than just the inability to conceive?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatmonte)
    I dont believe anyone should get IVF on the NHS but if straight couples are getting it so should gay
    No, because straight couples are only entitled to it when one of them has a disease that affects fertility. Being gay isn't a disease, it's just a difference. Obviously, if instead of having vaginal sex you have anal sex, you're not going to conceive...
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Is there any piece of legislature that actually states that it's for couples with infertility diseases, rather than just the inability to conceive?
    Either way, gay people make the choice not to have male-female, vaginal sex. If I took my future wife to the doctor, and said I was repulsed by the idea of having vaginal sex with her, and only wanted to have anal sex with her, would I be given IVF?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    But there would be no benefit to me having anal sex with a man, as there would be to a gay man having sex with a woman (i.e. children).

Like I said, would you want to be forced into having sex with a gender you don't love? That can lead to all sorts of relationship problems and the woman may not even get pregnant.
    How nice of you to call homosexuality a 'disease'. Personally, I prefer adoption in all cases, but if people want kids pf their own, then how can we discriminate between who should/shouldn't have them, based on gender alone?
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Either way, gay people make the choice not to have male-female, vaginal sex. If I took my future wife to the doctor, and said I was repulsed by the idea of having vaginal sex with her, and only wanted to have anal sex with her, would I be given IVF?
    No, not "either way". Two minutes ago you were contesting my post on the basis that it was only for use if the parent(s) have fertility diseases. Do you have the legislature to support this, or were you guessing/lying?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Whats stopping you having sex with a man? The same thing that's stopping a homosexual man having sex with a woman.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)

Shall we just have woman farms then? :rolleyes:

I really don't see the problem here.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    gay people make the choice not to have male-female, vaginal sex.
    Aww, cute, did your grandparents tell you that?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Aww, cute, did your grandparents tell you that?
    I'm not saying that homosexuality is a choice. I'm saying that ultimately, a gay man could have sex with a woman.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    I'm not saying that homosexuality is a choice. I'm saying that ultimately, a gay man could have sex with a woman.
    Why should he be forced to have sex with a woman just because he can? Nice is-ought fallacy. Don't you care about the emotional value? *Insert counter example involving sex with a bear to show the stupidity in such a statement*

I see you're focused on men here; should gay women be forced to have sex with men too? This is turning into an odd procedure.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.