The Student Room Group

OCR 21st GCSE Physics P7 - Ideas in Context revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
Freddy, I ****ing LOVE you right now. You may have just saved my ass!

:wink:
Reply 101
Hey, I know this isn't physics but seeing as a few of you have said you're doing FMSQ - how are you revising for FSMQ and physics?! And what are your predicted grades/results in mocks for FSMQ?! I think it's really hard!
Original post by lucilleJR
Hey, I know this isn't physics but seeing as a few of you have said you're doing FMSQ - how are you revising for FSMQ and physics?! And what are your predicted grades/results in mocks for FSMQ?! I think it's really hard!

Whats FSMQ
Reply 103
Free Standing Maths Qualification, the OCR Advanced Maths thingy :smile:
Free Standing Maths Qualification, the OCR Advanced Maths thingy :smile:

:eek: OK. Good Luck!
Reply 105
Original post by Freddy-Francis
:eek: OK. Good Luck!

Thank you! :biggrin:
Ah, after this thread now I'm feeling a little more confident! What does everyone want to come up and not want to come up?

I want things about the conditions observatories need to be built in but not much about Cepheid variables because they get me in a muddle :/
I dont mind.
Wish I knew enough not to mind hahah.
Just do some good revision. Remember about how a temperature increases in a star {This has come in most past papers}
To do with pressure right? More pressure increases kinetic energy and the frequency of collisions? Or am I just talking out of my backside?
Original post by SarahLeanne
Guys, I have a question.

If there is a probability question on the graph, would you just give the probability as a time between impacts? (time between impacts is on the y axis and minimum asteroid diameter is on x axis)

Eg, if you were to read off the scale an asteroid with a minimum diameter of 2500 m has an average of 0.6 million years between impacts. What would be the probability for an asteroid that big hitting? Or wouldn't you be able to work a probability out with this information?

Any help would be much appreciated! There's got to be at least one question on the graph or it wouldn't have been included.

Sarah x

The probability is that an asteroid with the diameter of 2500m will hit us once every 0.6 million years. You could convert it to asteroid hits per million years, by doing 1 divided by the value on the y-axis.
So here it would be 1/0.6, to get 1.67 asteroid hits(of a diameter of 2500m) every million years.
To do with pressure right? More pressure increases kinetic energy and the frequency of collisions? Or am I just talking out of my backside?

Thats right babe. If it is 3 marks then say that there is an increase in the gravitational pull.
THANK THE LORD I ACTUALLY KNOW SOMETHING! Probably won't even come up now -.- hahah! Ah okay! Why couldn't you just be my teacher? Learnt more from you in half an hour than I have from him all year. Taught myself -.-
Reply 114

For Physics, I mostly finsihed ALL revision.
Done a few past papers and without the IIC I'm getting A*'s

As for FSMQ..it's my optional choice. I did C1 early this year and obtained a Grade A. Recently finished C2, so I am fine.

However, I will need to do some revision on Kinematics, Mechanis, Stats and Linear Programming before I feel completely confident.

I revise that by going over notes, doing a few questions and take it from there, there isn't REALLY a way to revise for Maths apart from going over the forumulaes and acknowledging how it is applied into a question in order to solve for the answer.

I have Business Studies exam tomorrow as well - all 3! Argh!!!
Goodluck!
I had three exams last Thurday: Geography AS, Chemistry and English Lit. That was a bundle of laughs -.-
OK lol. Everyone. Lets have a quiz. What is an intrinsic brightness?
How bright a star actually is? If a star has a long pulse period then it means it has a high intrinsic brightness.....meh idk
How bright a star actually is? If a star has a long pulse period then it means it has a high intrinsic brightness.....meh idk

Intrinsic brightness is how much energy is given out and depends on 2 things temperature and the size of the star
Owh.......wow I'm going to pass this exam for suuuuuure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending