Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anti-Semitism, who takes the biscuit?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awwaaba)
    There is nothing in the Quran that says this, it is a prophecy about a war that will come when the world is about to end and it is found in hadith not Quran.

On the other hand, there are several verses in the Talmud that teaches that Jews are superior to all others and that gentiles should be killed if they hit Jews. Yet for some reasons, all religions other than Judaism are accused of hatred of others, especially Jews.

I haven't met many Jews before but I'm sure that the majority are very decent people. On the other hand, I'm sick of Israel constantly playing victim and accusing others of anti-Semitism as some sort of blackmail for political purposes (even though they're spitting on the memories of those who died during the Holocaust in process).
    Thank you fine Sir for proving my point.

Mangoberg
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangoberg)
    The so called Left media in this country are responsible for a hell of a lot of anti-Semitism. Israel's political decisions, and attacks on Palestine and their people are not always sanctioned by the wider Jewish community and not even by the liberal majority in Israel. But do the Guardian and New Statesman acknowledge this? Of course not. They are no different to the backwards state media in Muslim countries who attack all Britons over the decisions of our politicians. Shame on them for making my über-Liberal self ashamed to be a reader of those publications.

Mangoberg
    The Guardian have their Agenda, and so do the New Statesman, however, the NS do not hide theirs, I also like the fact the NS get lots from the lots of contributions from those the editors oppose, Hitches, Dawkins, Murray, Cohen ... they all have/had articles, and they are allowed to freely puruse journalism. Whereas the guardian pretty much exclusively have contributors from the progressive left, the don't allow comments on stories which may get an influx of people realising the Aganda is false, they are utterly, utterly biased when in comes to reporting anything economic, political, social, they never get a difference of opinion, like the NS, and they even manage to cram their pseudo-intellectual, middle class hoity toity progressive liberal ******* in the arts and music section, something I always enjoyed about the Guardian.

Rusbridger has turned a centrist paper into this, they are actively calling for the BBC to not be centrist.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-bias-bbc-myth
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you fine Sir for proving my point.

Mangoberg
    So it isn't wrong to accuse the Quran of being hateful, it's freedom of speech but when one does the same thing with the Talmud it's a different story? Thank YOU for proving my point.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Muslims but it's understandable why they are antisemitic. It's the same reason why I sympathize with Australians and their racism against aboriginals. Or white Americans against African-Americans. Same the reverse, African-Americans against white Americas. Aboriginals against white Australians. I don't excuse it but I understand it. People have a tendency to categories via common attributes. When multiple people individuals with a common traits do something wrong, you start to associate the wrong with the individuals with those traits as if there's a causation and not merely correlation.
    What? You sympathise with racism because people have a "tendency to categorise"?

And I can't remotely see how you're connecting those different things. Presumably the Muslims being anti-semitic is understandable because of Israel, but what exactly makes being racism towards Aboriginals understandable? A race that was subjected to genocide and slavery by Australians. If anything it should be the other way round...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    What? You sympathise with racism because people have a "tendency to categorise"?

And I can't remotely see how you're connecting those different things. Presumably the Muslims being anti-semitic is understandable because of Israel, but what exactly makes being racism towards Aboriginals understandable? A race that was subjected to genocide and slavery by Australians. If anything it should be the other way round...
    Because they tend to commit a lot of crime currently and cause many social issues. Their given a lot of benefits but don't take advantage of it. The majority of current Australians and their parents aren't personal responsible for that genocide. Adding all this up, you can see why Australians can get a little racist and upset.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So it isn't wrong to accuse the Quran of being hateful, it's freedom of speech but when one does the same thing with the Talmud it's a different story? Thank YOU for proving my point.
    At no point was I talking about the Quran. I wrote about Islamic culture, which if you were knowledgable on this topic even a little bit you would realise is no the same as Islam, it's just something that uses Islam as an excuse for hate. You prove my point because you spoke of Israel when discussing why people are anti-Semitic, specifically yourself. I am intelligent enough to accept that my religion is not perfect, and obviously so are the majority of my fellow Jews given the fact that Israel is a beacon for human rights in a part of the world where anyone other than rich Muslim men will be oppressed and attacked. And again I speak not of the politicians but the people who fight to give human rights to all

Mangoberg
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's funny, the word anti semite is thrown around so much that no one questions what it actually means... The ancient israelites were descendants of Shem
    80% of jews in israel are ashkenazi, descendants of Japheth not Shem therefore are not semites. They are Khazar Jews originating from Khazar, north of the Caucauses.

Just thought i'd add it into the mix of your guys argument
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    Because they tend to commit a lot of crime currently and cause many social issues. Their given a lot of benefits but don't take advantage of it. The majority of current Australians and their parents aren't personal responsible for that genocide. Adding all this up, you can see why Australians can get a little racist and upset.
    Yes, but the overriding cause of that crime and social issues is the aforementioned attempted genocide, committed by Australians. Just because they weren't personally involved in it, doesn't mean they can pretend it didn't happen. It only ended a couple of decades ago... - quite a lot of people would have been alive during that period and done nothing to stop it.

Many Aboriginals also do take advantage of the additional benefits.

I've only spent around 14 months in the country but I saw absolutely no excuses whatsoever for the numerous racist mutterings I heard towards Aboriginals (and all nationalities - Australia is a pretty racist country in general anyway).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    At no point was I talking about the Quran. I wrote about Islamic culture, which if you were knowledgable on this topic even a little bit you would realise is no the same as Islam, it's just something that uses Islam as an excuse for hate. You prove my point because you spoke of Israel when discussing why people are anti-Semitic, specifically yourself. I am intelligent enough to accept that my religion is not perfect, and obviously so are the majority of my fellow Jews given the fact that Israel is a beacon for human rights in a part of the world where anyone other than rich Muslim men will be oppressed and attacked. And again I speak not of the politicians but the people who fight to give human rights to all

Mangoberg
    But that's the thing, Islam isn't a culture. Islam is a religion and can be found in many different cultures and there is a huge difference between Islamic practices and cultural practices. Someone can be European and be Muslim and although they will abide by Islamic rules, their culture will remain European.

I should have made myself more clear, the verses I was referring to that can be found in the Talmud may be quoted out of context, I am not a scholar on Judaism so I don't have the sufficient knowledge as to how they are to be interpreted. I, however was pointing out to the people quoting Quranic verses and hadiths out of context to prove their point that it can be done with any religious book.

I mentioned Israel because that's where I normally see accusations of anti-Semitism coming from. Every time someone has pointed fingers at me and accused me of hating Jews, it happened when I said something against Israel so that's what I think of every time I hear the word "anti-Semitism". So that habit has become "I have nothing against Jews, however Israel is...." and this shouldn't have to be the case. It's not the fault of the average Jew that it is but that's what happens when governments of certain nations (such as Israel and the US) make such accusations and throw the word around for political reasons.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing in the Quran that says this, it is a prophecy about a war that will come when the world is about to end and it is found in hadith not Quran.

On the other hand, there are several verses in the Talmud that teaches that Jews are superior to all others and that gentiles should be killed if they hit Jews. Yet for some reasons, all religions other than Judaism are accused of hatred of others, especially Jews.

I haven't met many Jews before but I'm sure that the majority are very decent people. On the other hand, I'm sick of Israel constantly playing victim and accusing others of anti-Semitism as some sort of blackmail for political purposes (even though they're spitting on the memories of those who died during the Holocaust in process).
    ok , my bad as to exactly where i actually read that, but its still written in islamic writings that one day muslims should wipe out all jews - whichever way you look at it, thats a f-ed up thing to write in a religious context
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love biscuits
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dishoom-Dishoom)
    ok , my bad as to exactly where i actually read that, but its still written in islamic writings that one day muslims should wipe out all jews - whichever way you look at it, thats a f-ed up thing to write in a religious context
    Well this is part of a prophecy where the Antichrist will wreak havoc and his followers will be jewish according to scripture... The messiah (Jesus) will kill the Antichrist and their followers (mainly jews) will be killed in the process.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killuminati1989)
    Well this is part of a prophecy where the Antichrist will wreak havoc and his followers will be jewish according to scripture... The messiah (Jesus) will kill the Antichrist and their followers (mainly jews) will be killed in the process.
    whats that , in islam too?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum9999)
    Yes, but the overriding cause of that crime and social issues is the aforementioned attempted genocide, committed by Australians. Just because they weren't personally involved in it, doesn't mean they can pretend it didn't happen. It only ended a couple of decades ago... - quite a lot of people would have been alive during that period and done nothing to stop it.

Many Aboriginals also do take advantage of the additional benefits.

I've only spent around 14 months in the country but I saw absolutely no excuses whatsoever for the numerous racist mutterings I heard towards Aboriginals (and all nationalities - Australia is a pretty racist country in general anyway).
    It depends on what part of the country you went to. They might do but again a lot don't. And that frustrates many Australians. I understand the reasons why Aboriginals do cause many social and criminal issues but many don't which is why they tend to be racist. I don't excuse it, I understand it. The vast majority of Australians wouldn't have been of age to do something about it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=168176

http://www.pewglobal.org/2008/09/17/...ase-in-europe/

^ Excellent info
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mel Gibson

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: May 25, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.