Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

HoC Meet - London - Winter 2012

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This year's HoC Meet will be held sometime in Winter, possibily closer to winter.. Keep subscribed to this thread for updates!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gonna put out there that if we pick something during the Games I'm not gonna make the journey due to a family emergency.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Gonna put out there that if we pick something during the Games I'm not gonna make the journey due to a family emergency.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they don't win. Travel is going to be hell over those dates!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The Olympic Games and any bank holiday are an impossibility given travel difficulties during both for me. It's also worth observing that the Paralympics will be going on on the 1st September so it's not that wise to elect for that date either.
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    And I shall be washing some hair.

(Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    The Olympic Games and any bank holiday are an impossibility given travel difficulties during both for me. It's also worth observing that the Paralympics will be going on on the 1st September so it's not that wise to elect for that date either.
    I think someone secretly wants to come for a cuddle
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have not decided whether I am going or not, there are are reasons for and against me going.

I would like to point out that my birthday falls between Saturday 14th July and Saturday 21st July.
    • 37 followers

(Original post by Morgsie)
    I would like to point out that my birthday falls between Saturday 14th July and Saturday 21st July.
    Pretty ****in' long birthday you have there.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    I have not decided whether I am going or not, there are are reasons for and against me going.

Are you slyly trying to get yourself free drinks?
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm volunteering at the Olympics between 11th and 26th July but either side of that will be fine for me. Looking forward to putting faces to usernames!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Pretty ****in' long birthday you have there.
    Presumably his Mum had some trouble.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in London but am not able to come along this time. Maybe in the future when I'm little bit older and more independent, I'll come along as I'd definately like to put some usernames to faces, to quote Birchington. I hope to be here on MHoC for a few years yet and I hope you'll all still be around.

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing how it went!
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Will be out of town indefinitely from 30 June bar during the Olympics period.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any of these dates clash with the Euros? I know im not going anyway, but it could be an issue for some football fans, if its anything after the quarter finals you can assume England will be out though
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I might actually be able to make this one as I'm moving down at the end of next month for going out on placement.

No preference really, I'll just go along with whatever date is decided and see if I can meet you lot there.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    All my weekends in June are already busy and most of the start of July, as is the 11th August due to University debating (the European tournament is totally in Belgrade this year, that's gonna be awesome). Late August early September would be the only ones I could really do as such but otherwise am fully up for coming along.
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't make June or July, but I should be OK for August (15th and 16th would be a definite no though).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the moment it would be incredibly difficult to make any of these dates.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went for a weekday in early July before the olympics. It's all hypothetical as I can't afford to come to London, but it's likely easier to attend during the week while we're on our summer holidays.

What actually happens in the meet up?
    • 84 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Dangermouse)
    I went for a weekday in early July before the olympics. It's all hypothetical as I can't afford to come to London, but it's likely easier to attend during the week while we're on our summer holidays.

What actually happens in the meet up?
    Lots of detailed political debate over. Then some members often put on an impromptu recitation of Troilus and Criseyde or some such from memory.

Standard practice for the youth of today I'm sure.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    We generally drink a bit and talk a lot.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 3, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.