Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HoC Meet - London - Winter 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I'll take the watch - you can keep the glasses.

The sunglasses are worth 350€, why wouldn't you want them
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    That'll be just about as much as we'll be able to take of you.
    Seconded.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)

The sunglasses are worth 350€, why wouldn't you want them
    Because men who wear them tend to look like cocks and I don't know anyone who would buy them.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because men who wear them tend to look like cocks and I don't know anyone who would buy them.
    Just for that, I shall come dressed as a hobo... I'd like to see you try and steal my Diesel Jeans, Jack Wills Polo and my Ray-ban sunglasses
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Just for that, I shall come dressed as a hobo... I'd like to see you try and steal my Diesel Jeans, Jack Wills Polo and my Ray-ban sunglasses
    Paddy could squeeze the life out of a grizzly bear, he'd be able to break weedy folks with less effort than Chuck Norris uses to open a milk carton.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    That'll be just about as much as we'll be able to take of you.

I hope you are able to make it. It was good meeting you last time, as with Nick, Aaron and the others.
    I may do.

Will probably decide at the time. Depends on how poor I am and whether or not I have made plans with the GF and forgotten them or some other thing.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not going to be the 21st July as that's too close now. I'll push for more votes in tonight's HoC Update and then we can all decide between the two most popular. Hopefully there will be a confirmed date by the end of next week.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I may do.

Will probably decide at the time. Depends on how poor I am and whether or not I have made plans with the GF and forgotten them or some other thing.
    Fair enough. Try not to forget plans made with your good lady. That sort of thing usually spells trouble.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typical. The first year I actually consider going and no-one can be arsed.
    Well I'm near London so if any of you losers fancy getting together and having a pint let me know and I may buy a round.

QFA
    This means you. If you're ever in London and fancy a pint. Twas good sharing a pint of five the last time. You should still have my number, if not PM me.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    Typical. The first year I actually consider going and no-one can be arsed.
    Well I'm near London so if any of you losers fancy getting together and having a pint let me know and I may buy a round.

This means you. If you're ever in London and fancy a pint. Twas good sharing a pint of five the last time. You should still have my number, if not PM me.
    Aye we can sort something out. Maybe hit the museums and galleries if you are boring like me and enjoy such things

This way we can exclude the people I don't like
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye we can sort something out. Maybe hit the museums and galleries if you are boring like me and enjoy such things

This way we can exclude the people I don't like
    Sounds good. But if we're excluding the people we don't like it'll be a small party.

(I kid......sorta.)

I realise getting to London from Reading isn't easy sometimes because of the cost but if ever you are, text me sometime. Weekends are good for me most times.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. But if we're excluding the people we don't like it'll be a small party.

(I kid......sorta.)

I realise getting to London from Reading isn't easy sometimes because of the cost but if ever you are, text me sometime. Weekends are good for me most times.
    We'll sort something out
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    We'll sort something out
    Cool beans.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The poll seems as indecisive as an Italian election pre Berlusconi.
    • 35 followers

Well it's between the August 25th and Sept 1st. Re-poll the two dates or better yet, can the Speaker just decide?
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think the Speaker should decide. We need to stop faffing and set a date.
    • 83 followers

ReputationRep:
    The later the date the more chance of me attending.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Train tickets get more expensive the longer you leave booking them. :beard:
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Agreed. I'm probably going to have to rule myself out from coming along as no one seems able to bite the bullet and pick a final date.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    You can use various tricks to cut the cost of train travel, eg 'split ticketing' (buying two tickets for one journey). It's perfectly legal; you're just buying tickets in two legs for exactly the same journey you would make in one.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 3, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.