The Student Room Group

Where to buy condoms??

Sorry is this sounds like a stupid question (it is), but where do you actually buy condoms? I've been told you can buy them anywhere but I can't see them, but I see things like tampons and vagisil. I have seen them in a pharmacy but my Dad works there and I don't want him to know I'm having sex because he's against it. I never see them on the shelf anywhere? Where do you get them?

I've also heard they're available around public toilets (in vendors) but I've never seen those either. Do you have to ask for them over the counter or something?

Thanks.
They sell them in places like Boots and supermarkets etc...in the toiletry type sections.

If you really can't find any, you could call into your local sexual health clinic, though these are free ones which aren't the best :/ lol. They also often stock them in vending machines in hotels - I've seen them in Premier Inns. Some public toilets will have them, yes, but not all.
Reply 2
Original post by singerpianist
They sell them in places like Boots and supermarkets etc...in the toiletry type sections.

If you really can't find any, you could call into your local sexual health clinic, though these are free ones which aren't the best :/ lol. They also often stock them in vending machines in hotels - I've seen them in Premier Inns. Some public toilets will have them, yes, but not all.

Hmm, I guess I could go to Boots, there aren't any near me though.

By the way, do you think it is best to buy a lot of them or only a small box? I'm a virgin and so is she (I'm male), so we're both doing it for the first time.

Do you know if small supermarkets sell them, e.g. Londis, Costcutter, etc.?
Reply 3
Yes. They're usually behind the sales counters at such places, because otherwise they get nicked.

Your GP should also be able to supply some too. Ask to see the practice nurse or if there's a family planning service there.
Reply 4
supermarkets, in the pharmacy section.
any pharmacy, often next to the counter
toilets, typically from a dispenser -more expensive & requires pound coins
over the internet (obviously you'd need somewhere they could be posted to)
A lot of garages stock them behind the shelf if you are buying a lot try freedoms-shop which is part of the nhs and a lot cheaper than any where else but just as good as from boots
Boots, Tesco, Superdrug, Sainsburys, Asda.
Super markets, any kinda health and beauty shop like boots or superdrug.

I get mine online. The same reliable brands but cheaper - suually around half the price!

Latest