Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Olympic tickets

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got my Olympic ticket- collected it from the sorting office today. It's for the football at Wembley (didn't get one for an event in the Olympic Park sadly). Comes with a guide to Football (there are 11 players in a team apparently, so no chance of Joey Barton being one of the GB team over-age players) and a map of the stadium. 'The aim of football is to score more goals than the opposition' so 'the basics' tell me.

Anyone else got theirs?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well if that isn't patronising I don't know what is!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A pic please
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london-2012-tickets.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	150581
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    Im buying mine all off some nice Ukranian chap Volodymyr Gerashchenko later.

He promised me 'good deal'
    Can you put me in touch with him? I didn't get any either. :/ where I got none some of my friends got 3 or 4

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a second one from the general sale today, for the Boxing at the Excel Centre.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I've got a second one from the general sale today, for the Boxing at the Excel Centre.
    Hmmm I wanted the swimming and the cycling

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to see something where there are tickets left and there is a GB medal hope. Does anybody know which judo or fencing events, if any, we have medals hopes in?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There is always hope, but our Fencing team is weak, only got one member who might make the finals, and our Judo team is not as strong as previous years.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got tickets for Switzerland vs. Mexico and GB vs. Uruguay in football. Should be a good game. Only C tickets were available, so they're the cheapest. Anyone know where that might mean I'm sitting? I'm guessing top tier
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Like_A_G6)
    Got tickets for Switzerland vs. Mexico and GB vs. Uruguay in football. Should be a good game. Only C tickets were available, so they're the cheapest. Anyone know where that might mean I'm sitting? I'm guessing top tier
    On the official Wembley Stadium website there's a seating map/plan and an interactive function which allows you to click on the area of the map (if you know your block number) and it shows you what you general view of the pitch will be.

I got tickets to the gold medal match at Wembley and tested this function and at least now I know where I'll be sitting and what views I'll have. I wish they had the same functionality for the Olympic Stadium.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VENIVIDIVICI)
    On the official Wembley Stadium website there's a seating map/plan and an interactive function which allows you to click on the area of the map (if you know your block number) and it shows you what you general view of the pitch will be.

I got tickets to the gold medal match at Wembley and tested this function and at least now I know where I'll be sitting and what views I'll have. I wish they had the same functionality for the Olympic Stadium.
    Though his games are at the Millenium stadium and I'm not sure whether that site has the same function, but yeah lowest category means you will be somewhere in the top tier, fingers crossed you're not back row!

Personally, I can't wait for the Olympics and have been looking forward to it ever since 2005. I know many people in this country aren't interested or are moaning about what its costing the taxpayer, but still it should be a great spectacle happening in our country and I'm so pleased I'm getting to go. Have got tickets for the first 2 GB games against Senegal and UAE and a few other random sports like handball. The football should be interesting with a British squad, obviously it doesn't compare to the EUROs or the World cup in reputation but its still an international tournament, so there should be some decent young talent on show (and Beckham!).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olie)
    Though his games are at the Millenium stadium and I'm not sure whether that site has the same function, but yeah lowest category means you will be somewhere in the top tier, fingers crossed you're not back row!
    I wasn't thinking was I . Maybe they do have that facility available at the Millennium Stadium . My tickets were not the lowest category (not the cheapest but also not the most expensive), but yet they allocated me on the top tier (level 5)...although its not right at the back. When I saw my seat allocation on the tickets and figured out where it was, I was a bit :mad:

The same for my althetics tickets...I would have loved to be on the home straight, as we have tickets for the 100m final...we're seated at least on the same side as the home straight, but top tier behind the starting positions (blocks)..so we'll see the guys running away from us....not ideal, but then again not the worst seating either

(Original post by Olie)
    Personally, I can't wait for the Olympics and have been looking forward to it ever since 2005. I know many people in this country aren't interested or are moaning about what its costing the taxpayer, but still it should be a great spectacle happening in our country and I'm so pleased I'm getting to go. Have got tickets for the first 2 GB games against Senegal and UAE and a few other random sports like handball. The football should be interesting with a British squad, obviously it doesn't compare to the EUROs or the World cup in reputation but its still an international tournament, so there should be some decent young talent on show (and Beckham!).
    I agree...been waiting a long time for this . Where's your games taking place?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OTMC_1995)
    Can you put me in touch with him? I didn't get any either. :/ where I got none some of my friends got 3 or 4

I know the chap....short, stocky chap who looks a little shifty.....only joking but given the news I would only buy off reputable sources!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got three to the eventing showjumping final, really excited 'cos it'll be a medal ceremony and we have a very good chance of getting at least bronze
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my football finals tickets today

So excited!

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo donkey)

So excited!

Do all the tickets come with a travelcard or did you buy that yourself? I'm waiting for my Women's Hockey ones to arrive.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Came with the tickets, I didn't know anything about them until I opened it this morning, got a few others bits and pieces too with it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Came with the tickets, I didn't know anything about them until I opened it this morning, got a few others bits and pieces too with it
    That is pretty ****ing awesome considering the amount of money that would have been made if people had to buy their own tube tickets!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

So excited!

Feels good doesn't it. . I also have tickets for the final. Got mine a week ago...Not the best seats, but not the worse (I think) either. I expected a little better seating as I didn't buy the cheapest tickets available. Doesn't matter now...we going to the Olympic football final at Wembley

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 12, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.