Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

B447 - Immigration Bill 2012 (Second Reading)

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Because many asylum seekers do not contribute to the UK economy, there is a much greater chance that they come from countries with poor education systems and may not even speak English.
    Oh my ****ing God you are so bloody right-wing it's not even funny. So you actually disagree with the entire concept of humanitarianism if it slightly possibly maybe damages the UK economy? I had thought the TSR Conservative Party were supposed to be more liberal on social issues, how painfully incorrect. I hope your brand of extremism never breaks out in the RL Party.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Oh my ****ing God you are so bloody right-wing it's not even funny. So you actually disagree with the entire concept of humanitarianism if it slightly possibly maybe damages the UK economy? I had thought the TSR Conservative Party were supposed to be more liberal on social issues, how painfully incorrect. I hope your brand of extremism never breaks out in the RL Party.
    I'm a Tory, of course i value fiscal restraint, especially when they may draw from the ever larger hole that is the welfare budget. There are people far more extreme than me as i am happy to allow EU immigration.

Humanitarianism includes charity which i do not oppose but that is an individual giving their own money as opposed to tax revenue which could be better spent on public services.

Look at voting records before making a rash conclusion (with that being said i used to be far more socially conservative).
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm a Tory, of course i value fiscal restraint, especially when they may draw from the ever larger hole that is the welfare budget. There are people far more extreme than me as i am happy to allow EU immigration.

Humanitarianism includes charity which i do not oppose but that is an individual giving their own money as opposed to tax revenue which could be better spent on public services.

Look at voting records before making a rash conclusion (with that being said i used to be far more socially conservative).
    If you think you're liberal now then I guess you must've been goose stepping back when "socially conservative".
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no. Still no closer to open borders.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still a no from me. I don't believe that this is right way to tackle this issue. You need to stimulate the economy and tax the rich.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do not agree with this at all.

So no.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.
Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.