Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B447 - Immigration Bill 2012 (Second Reading)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Because many asylum seekers do not contribute to the UK economy, there is a much greater chance that they come from countries with poor education systems and may not even speak English.
    Oh my ****ing God you are so bloody right-wing it's not even funny. So you actually disagree with the entire concept of humanitarianism if it slightly possibly maybe damages the UK economy? I had thought the TSR Conservative Party were supposed to be more liberal on social issues, how painfully incorrect. I hope your brand of extremism never breaks out in the RL Party.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Oh my ****ing God you are so bloody right-wing it's not even funny. So you actually disagree with the entire concept of humanitarianism if it slightly possibly maybe damages the UK economy? I had thought the TSR Conservative Party were supposed to be more liberal on social issues, how painfully incorrect. I hope your brand of extremism never breaks out in the RL Party.
    I'm a Tory, of course i value fiscal restraint, especially when they may draw from the ever larger hole that is the welfare budget. There are people far more extreme than me as i am happy to allow EU immigration.

Humanitarianism includes charity which i do not oppose but that is an individual giving their own money as opposed to tax revenue which could be better spent on public services.

Look at voting records before making a rash conclusion (with that being said i used to be far more socially conservative).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm a Tory, of course i value fiscal restraint, especially when they may draw from the ever larger hole that is the welfare budget. There are people far more extreme than me as i am happy to allow EU immigration.

Humanitarianism includes charity which i do not oppose but that is an individual giving their own money as opposed to tax revenue which could be better spent on public services.

Look at voting records before making a rash conclusion (with that being said i used to be far more socially conservative).
    If you think you're liberal now then I guess you must've been goose stepping back when "socially conservative".
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still no. Still no closer to open borders.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still a no from me. I don't believe that this is right way to tackle this issue. You need to stimulate the economy and tax the rich.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I do not agree with this at all.

So no.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.
Updated: May 27, 2012
New on TSR

Join the Welcome Squad

Become a part of the TSR team!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.