The Student Room Group

What do i do? At at a loss.

I have done 6/7 of my AS exams and i should feel happy right?! Yet i can't. I feel so uneasy, i just simply don't know how i've done and the anticipation of waiting till August is going to kill me:frown:
Partly i am writing this thread to get everything off my chest because i am just panicking so much about how i've done. I feel like i have done awfully, but then again i feel like in some aspects i have done okay. I feel at a loss. Last night/today i went bed at 5 am and had a history exam at 1pm and i feel like i have just left everything so last minute in terms of revision that i have blown all my chances of getting good grades. I want to sleep, but i can't because i just keep thinking of how my exams have gone and i feel like i have blown up my own AS levels and it is all my fault.
Am i meant to feel so panicky? If anyone feels like this is moany please tell me because i do think i need a kick back down to earth and stop panicking. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO/FEEL...do i rest tonight or revise for my exam on Friday? I am too tired to function though. I feel like i have lost the ability to think so muchso that i have to make this thread to ask you guys how i am meant to be feeling. As i am writing this i am just thinking in my head that this thread doesn't make sense. So, bye.:frown::frown:
Original post by sharmine
I have done 6/7 of my AS exams and i should feel happy right?! Yet i can't. I feel so uneasy, i just simply don't know how i've done and the anticipation of waiting till August is going to kill me:frown:
Partly i am writing this thread to get everything off my chest because i am just panicking so much about how i've done. I feel like i have done awfully, but then again i feel like in some aspects i have done okay. I feel at a loss. Last night/today i went bed at 5 am and had a history exam at 1pm and i feel like i have just left everything so last minute in terms of revision that i have blown all my chances of getting good grades. I want to sleep, but i can't because i just keep thinking of how my exams have gone and i feel like i have blown up my own AS levels and it is all my fault.
Am i meant to feel so panicky? If anyone feels like this is moany please tell me because i do think i need a kick back down to earth and stop panicking. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO/FEEL...do i rest tonight or revise for my exam on Friday? I am too tired to function though. I feel like i have lost the ability to think so muchso that i have to make this thread to ask you guys how i am meant to be feeling. As i am writing this i am just thinking in my head that this thread doesn't make sense. So, bye.:frown::frown:

Trust me... the feelings mutual everywhere... and you'll do fine dont worry :smile: x
Reply 2
Original post by CheekiiMonkii
Trust me... the feelings mutual everywhere... and you'll do fine dont worry :smile: x

Ahhh, i worry too much! :frown: thanks for the reassurance x
Reply 3
DOn't worry, I feel like that too:smile:
Reply 4
Chill. It's AS, that means you can always retake if something went badly :smile:

And now that the exams are mostly over, there's nothing you can do to change anything. Let the worrying happen when you get your results back if they're not good enough, no sense wasting months being a nervous wreck :smile:
Original post by sharmine

Please don't worry: I am virtually in exactly the same situation to you at the minute (am doing my A2s at the minute), and also had a severe lack of motivation last year during my AS levels as well. I'm sure that you will do fine, but one thing that I've learnt is that a good night's sleep is really important. It is incredibly difficult to function on 4/5/6 hours sleep a night (I have been doing so for virtually the past two years and it isn't healthy!) And don't worry about things not making sense: I certainly understood what you mean and I'm sure many other students can understand what you're going through right now. It's an incredibly difficult experience, and I know it's easier said than done, but I would try to get a couple of early nights and after the exams have a bit of a wind down. As other people have said, after the exams there's nothing more that you can do. Also, you would be able to re-sit if the worst comes to the worst (and trust me this would not be the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination!) Whilst these exams are important, they are not necessarily the be all and the end all.

I hope that some of this rambling has made some sense and may help you? I am really sympathetic with you as I have gone through very similar experiences, both this year and last year. I just hope everything works out for the better (which I'm sure it will!) :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks guys, advice was amazing! Had a wonderful nights sleep and i have stopped panicking! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest