The Student Room Group

A level choices and career hopes- care to share?

Scroll to see replies

Im taking biology, chemistry and Physics at college and self teaching japanese, maths, further maths and english literature and language.

I would like to do Physics at university and hopefully be a secondary/a-level Physics teacher after doing a PGCE :biggrin:
I plan to take maths, further maths, physics and english literature... Not really any clue on what I want to study at university...
Maths, Further Maths (possibly- if I get my A* in GCSE Maths), Physics, Economics and English Literature. I want to do Economics/PPE at Uni.
Original post by LadyJoka
Im taking biology, chemistry and Physics at college and self teaching japanese, maths, further maths and english literature and language.

I would like to do Physics at university and hopefully be a secondary/a-level Physics teacher after doing a PGCE :biggrin:

Wow that's a lot of subjects! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry and Physics for A2, hoping to read Engineering at university, and then on to a career in manufacturing/business management. So far fetched it's a joke though really...
Original post by furryface12
Wow that's a lot of subjects! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is, it's a lot of hard work but I have very mediocre GCSE's so I'm trying to make up for it by doing better now :smile:
Original post by LadyJoka
It is, it's a lot of hard work but I have very mediocre GCSE's so I'm trying to make up for it by doing better now :smile:

Ahh ok fair enough if you can manage it, I struggle enough with four plus everything else I have to do! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlanAlty
I only know of one person that took 5AS levels, didn't drop one part way in and still did well. And she was literally one of the smartest people I know. Even she is dropping 2 for A2 though haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who kept all five at A2. He got 4 A*s and an A. He one of the smartest guys I know and he's starting his second year in Cambridge in September.
I want to become a secondary English school teacher and I'm taking AS English Language, English Literature, History and Philosophy & Ethics :smile:)
Reply 369
I will do:
Chemistry
Maths
Biology
Physics
German
French
Arabic

And Hope to study medicine to become a surgeon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 370
im hoping to become a solicitor , working at a magic circle international law firm ... im taking forward english literature, law and psychology for A2 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking Economics, French, Maths and Further Maths (all to A2) and I hope to go into international banking or political economics via an Econ degree at Cam/LSE.
I'm taking English language, English literature, history and Spanish at A Levels, possibly also self-teaching French, and I'm hoping to do either English literature or a joint languages degree at uni and go into teaching:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking Spanish, Media and Music Tech A levels and a BTEC in performance of popular music.
I hope to work as a singer or sound engineer or in film/tv/radio production.
I haven't decided if I want to go to university yet but if I do, I will probably study something like media production.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 374
I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Geography and General Studies at A2 and have an AS in Biology. I am hoping to do a Chemistry degree and we'll see where that takes me :smile:
I'm doing Latin, German, English lit and History next year. I was planning to do Ancient Greek instead of History but I got a B so my school wouldn't let me. No idea about careers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 376
I plan to take Economics, Maths, Biology, Photography or Textiles (Don't know which one to choose)
And I want to study in Uni... Forensic Science or maybe Medicine, Business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have taken Maths, Biology ,Chemistry and Physics. In addition to this I plan to take further maths.
Is anyone else taking these (including further maths)?
Original post by Changing Skies
Just thought I'd ask everyone what A levels they plan to take and what career you'd like to do if you get the required grades :biggrin: I'm interested in doing Biology, Chemistry, History and English Literature :smile: Then hopefully going on to do a degree in Veterinary Medicine or Zoology(which there aren't many decent jobs available for in the UK sadly!) :frown:

If that is your plan I advise nottingham as the university for you, its ranked 1st in the UK for this degree, and 1st for landing them type of jobs:smile: my friend is there doing it and did similar a levels to you :smile:
Original post by harry218
If that is your plan I advise nottingham as the university for you, its ranked 1st in the UK for this degree, and 1st for landing them type of jobs:smile: my friend is there doing it and did similar a levels to you :smile:

Sadly I'm at university now studying Ancient History and Biology, I changed my mind so much :colondollar: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest