Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A level choices and career hopes- care to share? ;)

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolsterManzzi)
    So do you not need physics, if you decide to change your mind to chemical engineering? I'm in a similar situation and have put down:

Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
    but would like to change physics to geography, but i dont wont chemical engineering to be ruled out :confused:

EDIT: I also have the option of further maths
    Yes I have thought about this and have been thinking about changing economics for a long time, this is just what currently is on my application to sixth form.
    Chemical engineering is only really one of my alternative ideas, I have been looking at the Natural Sciences course at Cambridge (I can dream...lol)

To be honest my main love is chemistry - I am a true chemistry geek and if I can't reach medicine (which is quite likely...) then I would not be surprised seeing myself applying for various chemistry based courses with a biology rather than physics tilt.

I'm not certain about further maths yet, I have a sixth form induction week in July in which I will find out more
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Well aim high then fall back low; learn from your mistakes and get on with your life and choose to do something else.
    Indeedy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well aim high then fall back low; learn from your mistakes and get on with your life and choose to do something else.
    And get into a bad uni through clearing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A-level choices:
    Maths
    Physics
    Business

Hoping to get into a mathematical field
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael's)
    And get into a bad uni through clearing
    :P Yup
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aysena)
    I'm loving it at sixthform! DO IT DO IT haha
    What did you get for GCSE?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :P Yup
    Ahahah :P oh well. Good luck to all of you who try. I hope you get everything that you deserve
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopingtobeadentist)
    What did you get for GCSE?
    What all my GCSEs or just for maths? I got an A* for Maths
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinrah04)
    I want to do Medicine and I'm thinking of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (+Philosophy) I'm not sure if not having Maths would be detrimental but I've read it's not a necessity.
    Yeah I know it's not necessary but I've spoken to junior doctors and they've said it is useful to have
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Economics. Looking to do either synthetic biology / genetic engineering or *possibly* medicine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    English Lit, Philosophy, History, Psychology (AS). Would love to do a degree in English Lit and hope to one day become a novelist/screenwriter.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know it's not necessary but I've spoken to junior doctors and they've said it is useful to have
    Would just an FSMQ, and a decent GCSE grade, not exactly make up for like at least somewhat show I'm competent in maths, I just really dislike it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What all my GCSEs or just for maths? I got an A* for Maths
    All your GCSE's
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    All your GCSE's
    haha I got 7A* and 5A's :P Since I'm in Wales my school do WJEC and I hate it >.< and you? I'm assuming you did a few in year 10 and in Jan of year 11?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinrah04)
    Would just an FSMQ, and a decent GCSE grade, not exactly make up for like at least somewhat show I'm competent in maths, I just really dislike it.
    Aww Maths is awesome haha
    • 151 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha I got 7A* and 5A's :P Since I'm in Wales my school do WJEC and I hate it >.< and you? I'm assuming you did a few in year 10 and in Jan of year 11?
    Wales!! :P WJEC *sigh* thank god our school do science with OCR but the rest with WJEC
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still in year 10 , I've got A in maths so far and I've the rest of my exams in the next two weeks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still in year 10 , I've got A in maths so far and I've the rest of my exams in the next two weeks
    Aw right I thought you were Year 11 Yeah my sister's in year 10 and she's got 2 more GCSEs plus internal exams. That's good, Wish you all the best with the rest of your exams! Just study hard
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadab786ahmed)
    Wales!! :P WJEC *sigh* thank god our school do science with OCR but the rest with WJEC
    Yeah a few other schools in wales do OCR science and the rest WJEC but ours decided to do all WJEC except for Physics, Art, Psychology >.< Apparently Edexcel used to be the easiest until fairly recently they've made it harder. I reckon WJEC is either the hardest or one of the harder exam boards! What school you at?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    A-Levels:
    - Government and Politics
    - History
    - Geography
    - English Literature (will probably drop after AS)

Hope to go onto University to do either Politics or Politics combined course

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 4, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.