The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Psychology UNIT 2 29th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by FailedEverything
oo naa judging by your previous answers and help advice your gunna ace the exam!!!, haaha wow you must of smashed down on revision, also gl with a2 exams i got 2 left and dropping from college next year joining the navy :biggrin:

oh haha had to refer to my notes for some of them. thanks and oohh lucky you getting to join the navy. have a great time working there. good luck with the rest of you exams
Original post by Rizzy J
Yes, and give examples what males and females are good at. Males are better at spatial awareness and females are better at communication.

Evidence- animal studies- rats with high levels of testosterone casue slow growth in nuerones of left hemishpere,
McGlone- men and women who had suffered a stroke on left hemisphere of brain- men suffered more serious damage to speech than women.

Which one though? Can you just answer the question 'explain brain laterisation' pleeaaassse? :smile:
Original post by Distractions
Which one though? Can you just answer the question 'explain brain laterisation' pleeaaassse? :smile:

male brains are more lateralised then female brains, there is more activity on the right side of the brain heimisphere for males-hense why their better at spatial ability, whereas in females there is greater activitiy on the left hemisphere hense why their better at speech and verbal communiction...
in general males have a more laterlised brain in both left and right sides, whereas females have a lower lateralisation as there is equal amount of laterilastion on each side hense why females are better at multi tasking
Reply 63

brain has two hemispheres- left and right
lateralisation refers to using different hemispheres of the brain for different tasks such as using the left side for language and the right side for reading a map. evidence suggests that there are differences in the lateralisation of the brain for males and females. male brains are more lateralisied as they use a particular side of the brain for particular function and female brains are less lateralised as they use both sides of the brain for particular functions. males use the right hemisphere of the brain because they are good at spatial awareness and females use both hemispheres and are better communicators
Original post by Rizzy J
brain has two hemispheres- left and right
lateralisation refers to using different hemispheres of the brain for different tasks such as using the left side for language and the right side for reading a map. evidence suggests that there are differences in the lateralisation of the brain for males and females. male brains are more lateralisied as they use a particular side of the brain for particular function and female brains are less lateralised as they use both sides of the brain for particular functions. males use the right hemisphere of the brain because they are good at spatial awareness and females use both hemispheres and are better communicators

Thankyou :biggrin: What key issue have you done for the learning approach?
Reply 65
Thankyou :biggrin: What key issue have you done for the learning approach?

is there a direct link between viewing violence in the media and aggressive behaviour?
key issue for learning is anorexia isnt it?
Reply 67

some people's are different, depends what you teacher taught you

Mine is anorexia :smile:
However what is the actual question for it? May sound strange but i don't know if we just describe using the learning approach why anorexia happens or if there is an actual question?
Mine is anorexia :smile:
However what is the actual question for it? May sound strange but i don't know if we just describe using the learning approach why anorexia happens or if there is an actual question?

we just need to basically answer it like a descripitive way want me to give you the model answer? or do you have it already?
Original post by Rizzy J
some people's are different, depends what you teacher taught you

ehhe thats true what;s your key issue? :tongue:
we just need to basically answer it like a descripitive way want me to give you the model answer? or do you have it already?

That would be great, I don't have it :smile:
Reply 72
ehhe thats true what;s your key issue? :tongue:

is there a direct link between viewing violence in the media and aggressive behaviour?
your's sounds more interesting. ours is to do with bandura and st helena and SLT
That would be great, I don't have it :smile:

Anoreixia, is where calory intake is limited to 600-800 a day, resulting in people having body fat % of under 80-85%, aneorica often occurs in females rather then males there is a 90-95% chance of females who are aneroxic as they are constantly influenced by the media to lose weight, e.g vicarious reienforcement where glamourous models such as victoria beckham are looked up as for living such a glamourous lifestyle, so girls aspire to be rich and sucessfull by losing weight trying to look their best, in most western cultures females have lost alot of weight due to the influence of media, there are fewer skinny male role models which suggests why there isn;t many male anorixics

:wink: thats all we need to know!
Original post by Rizzy J
your's sounds more interesting. ours is to do with bandura and st helena and SLT

sorry didnt do that so can't reallyyy help im affraid +(( !! lol can't revise for **** its such a nice weather im outside in my boxers with redbull and coke with ice watching american pie reunion on my lappy :smile:) eheheheeee
Reply 75
Original post by gdsfgweg
ONLINE STORE :

==== ( fullmalls.com ) =====

n2012 comes, in order to thank everyone, characteristic, novel style, varieties, low price and good quality, and the low sale price. Thank everyone

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

#

we want to revise mate, not do online shopping!! maybe later on
Reply 76
sorry didnt do that so can't reallyyy help im affraid +(( !! lol can't revise for **** its such a nice weather im outside in my boxers with redbull and coke with ice watching american pie reunion on my lappy :smile:) eheheheeee

lucky for some right on top of revision, but you won't be doing this tomorrow at this time as you'll be getting prepped for the exam. 25 hours to go!!
Original post by Rizzy J
break the procedure down into the most important points, there is a lot but just remember the most important points. i have a shortened version of the procedure if you want me to send it to you?

Could you possibly send me the shortened version please? :smile:
Also, is anyone elses Key Issue for Psychodynamis 'Do dreams have meaning?'
I have no idea where to start with it!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by stephbeeeify
Could you possibly send me the shortened version please? :smile:
Also, is anyone elses Key Issue for Psychodynamis 'Do dreams have meaning?'
I have no idea where to start with it!!!!

5 year old boy taken to freud suffering from phobia of horses. Freud saw hans once or twice. Information came mostly through hans father.
At age 3, hans developed interest in his own penis. Age 5 mother threatened to cut it off if he did not stop playing with it. Developed fear a white horse would bite him. Hans fathee related to freud that this was probably related to horses large penis. Father objected him into getting into parents bed in the morning. Hans feared going out of the house incase he encounted a horse. Fear became limited to horses with black harness noses, hans father interpreted this as his black moustache. Hans had two fantasises: he had several imaginery children, asked who the mother was, said why mummy and you’re granddad. Also imagined a plumber fitting him with a bigger penis.
Freud saw phobias as expression of Oedipus complex-fantasised himself with a big penis like his father and married to his mother with father in role of grandad

pretty much freuds study.
my key issue is " are memories discovered in therapy true"?
is this the one that you want?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rizzy J
5 year old boy taken to freud suffering from phobia of horses. Freud saw hans once or twice. Information came mostly through hans father.
At age 3, hans developed interest in his own penis. Age 5 mother threatened to cut it off if he did not stop playing with it. Developed fear a white horse would bite him. Hans fathee related to freud that this was probably related to horses large penis. Father objected him into getting into parents bed in the morning. Hans feared going out of the house incase he encounted a horse. Fear became limited to horses with black harness noses, hans father interpreted this as his black moustache. Hans had two fantasises: he had several imaginery children, asked who the mother was, said why mummy and you’re granddad. Also imagined a plumber fitting him with a bigger penis.
Freud saw phobias as expression of Oedipus complex-fantasised himself with a big penis like his father and married to his mother with father in role of grandad

pretty much freuds study.
my key issue is " are memories discovered in therapy true"?
is this the one that you want?

Hey rizzy what is the psychodyamic evaulation of gender development :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending