Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WORST high street shops ever!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Worst customer service in high street shops??
    H&M
    7.24%
    Topshop
    16.29%
    River Island
    9.95%
    Primark
    44.34%
    Republic
    9.95%
    Miss Selfridge
    3.62%
    Zara
    4.07%
    Aldo
    4.52%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    had a horrible experience at h&m the other day. there were like 4 members of staff in the whole store, one fitting room was closed off with massive heaps of clothes in front of it and there was no staff manning the other fitting room!

when i finally got into a room it was filled with clothes that people had tried on and left it was just super annoying, and i love h&m as a store but i think that's unacceptable! if theyre lacking staff they should hire more people! there's loads of people out there (including me) looking for summer jobs!

anwayy, the main point of this thread was to find out what everyone else thought was the worst high street store in terms of customer service
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    All of them ... although Primark is on a level of its own ...

if you want good quality and good service you have to go to actual nice shops
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    New Look !!!!!!11
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Primark, but i don't mind the mess and the sullen shop assistants because its dirt cheap.

I personally hate Lush because the smell will fell a rhino at 1000 paces, and the sales act of the aggressive staff is annoying beyond words.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have to say my worst experience (I'm talking customer service not clothing or anything) is with H&M. Practically every time I go in they don't have enough staff and I'm left standing at the till looking around for someone to notice me. It's quite annoying.

Clothing wise...Primark. But I've never been in Aldo?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Aldo? Never heard of it. H&M is pretty bad everytime I go in there they seem to have hardly any staff. You are lucky to see one person at the tills. Dorethy Perkins need to get new curtains, I might as well change in the middle of the shop. The Zara near me is so empty, they don't seem to have any clothes !
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I quite like H&M and usually customer service is decent, but one time I was in the queue for 10 minutes. It doesn't sound massively bad, but I was second in the queue. The cashier was busy chatting away to the guy in front of me, who ended up buying £400 worth of stuff. And not expensive stuff either, loads of little cheap things he kept on grabbing. To be fair, they looked understaffed.

My local Burtons is quite bad just because a lot of the staff are incredibly bitchy. Granted, you get that in loads of shops, but these people take it to a whole new level.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plimsolls)
    I personally hate Lush because the smell will fell a rhino at 1000 paces, and the sales act of the aggressive staff is annoying beyond words.
    I cant go anywhere never Lush without choking on the fumes. How do staff survive in there? maybe thats why their aggresive because their being gased by the soapiness

(Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    The Zara near me is so empty, they don't seem to have any clothes !
    These are the shops I dont like. Lots of floor space, 3 racks of clothes and 8 shop assistants standing everywhere who either all desend in you as you come in or watch from a distance disgusted that someone has dared to disturb then.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If Peacocks was an option, it definitely would have gotten my vote! The clothes are worse quality than Primark, yet are overpriced for what they are, they all have an appalling fit and are made with horrible cheap material. Plus in my local store the staff are the rudest bunch of girls/women I have ever come across, I despise this shop!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As a general rule, the higher the store turnover is, the less fussed the company are about who they hire. That's why it's much easier to find a christmas temp job in retail if you have no experience than at any other time of the year. If the stores don't rely on friendly sales assistants to really make a sale, anyone interviewed will get the job.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't ****ing stand topman.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    Aldo? Never heard of it. H&M is pretty bad everytime I go in there they seem to have hardly any staff. You are lucky to see one person at the tills. Dorethy Perkins need to get new curtains, I might as well change in the middle of the shop. The Zara near me is so empty, they don't seem to have any clothes !
    It's a shoe shop
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    New look is awful sometimes! In my store there is never any staff and hence nowhere to pay (upstairs and downstairs!)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    H&M, Topman, River Island...all these type shops do my head in. I cant find anything in those shops. All the clothes in there are poorly manufactured, the styles are really douchey (especially in Topman) and some of the shop assistants look like clowns.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Topshop, the most disgusting styles and fashion I have ever seen.

In terms of customer service, also Topshop because the assistants are stupid enough to think that they're selling items of clothing actually worth money or even attention.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One time I went into a shop called Blue Inc (don't know if it's a popular high street chain) with my girlfriend. We went upstairs to look at the womens stuff and this female member of staff followed us up there. She followed us around the entire floor, standing no more than a few metres at all times. She made no attempt to look like she wasn't staring at us. We were the only three people on that floor. It was so weird and creepy - after we were sick of her we went and left, only to be followed by her again! Terrible way to act around potential customers.

Also Primarni is terrible and great at the same time - the only shop you can go into and throw clothes on the floor if you decide you don't like the look of it :P
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, all of those fall into my 'nightmare shops' list. Zara is probably my favourite, but I could live without.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand Primark and H&M, too much crap all over the place for my liking. Although a couple of us bought one of those horrendous devil onesies from there for Haloween, never again haha. Zara's probably my favorite out of the lot
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hated working at Topman. The managers were on super-high power trips, we were treated like idiots (even though some of us were more capable than them, and more qualified).
    Secondly, they'd change my shifts around at short notice.
    There would also be ripped clothes that I'd find when doing standards, I was told to keep it on the shop floor and not put a discount tag on it. The holes were in places people wouldn't notice, and it'd be really annoying for any customer to have to bring back and explain.

THE FITTING ROOM CURTAINS WERE TOO SMALL, I COULD SEE PEOPLE GETTING CHANGED IN THE MIRRORS, I told one manager and he said it was designed like that on purpose...

Eh, I still shop there though, I just had bad managers, who didn't care about the store, the staff or customers.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Why isn't Hollister an option?
    Because its not strictly a high street shop, it's very slightly above the likes of primark etc

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 29, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.