Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

What can my Casio FX-911ES Plus Do?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys

Got my C2 on Thursday and just wondered what my Casio FX-911ES Plus Calculator can do, as i understand this calculator is very useful for working/checking virtually every answer in the syllabus..

Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    All of the useful things listed in this article.... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...1ES_Calculator

Good luck!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can triginomic Identities be checked on it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nilsdejongh)
    I assume that you mean trigonometric? Not that I'm aware of, but don't hold me to that. It can be used to check your answer to definite integration and numerical differentiation, and can also be used to check the sigma thing that they put in every C2 paper. You should probably read the article that the other guy posted.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can check them any calculator by trying a few random values.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    You definitely can't check trig identities, that's algebraic and so banned from calculators.

If you mean solve questions lilke sin^2x + cosx + 1 = 0 in the range 0<x<360 (and solve for all solutions in that range) then this can only be done using a graphical calculator as far as I know.

Obviously you can 'check' identities by subbing in random values and checking they hold, but I was under the impression that you usually get given a start point and an end point for identity questions so I don't see the point really.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electriic_ink)
    You can check them any calculator by trying a few random values.
    This. It's checking integration and differentiation numerically that this calculator can do that is unique.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    You definitely can't check trig identities, that's algebraic and so banned from calculators.

If you mean solve questions lilke sin^2x + cosx + 1 = 0 in the range 0<x<360 (and solve for all solutions in that range) then this can only be done using a graphical calculator as far as I know.

Obviously you can 'check' identities by subbing in random values and checking they hold, but I was under the impression that you usually get given a start point and an end point for identity questions so I don't see the point really.
    Ah yes, forgot about this. But yeah, you won't have an equation solver if that's what you're asking.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.