The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why not...? Then again, I've only been giving it about 2 months or so. I couldn't work this hard for even half the academic year at this stage.
Reply 2
I'm the opposite I start once the Easter holidays begin. any earlier I'd forget everything. a month might be good for you and work out whats likely to come up- certain subjects like chemistry dont really work that way. but from my experience psychology, home economics, health and social care do.
Sometimes it's a bad thing to revise too long before an exam, people tend to 'peak' in their revision too early and burn out as a result, meaning they may not get the results they deserve. I think the two to three month is a good amount of time, though I only start revising around a month before the exam. Sometimes less. WHY DO I PROCRASTINATE SO MUCH? :frown:
I start revising properly in Easter, couple of hours every day, then keep up a little a day so when it gets to the exams there's no stress to learn anything new. The way i motivate myself is to think that every hour then is less stress around exams :smile:
Reply 5
Where do you people find the best place to revise in the home, to minimize distractions?
Easter is the time of the year when I feel most people hammer the revision. (well, people I know). Then, everyday till the exams.
For a class test I don't revise effectively, but for the real thing I spend a lot of time going over past papers, notes etc for about 6-8 weeks before hand.
Reply 7
Original post by anonymouspie227
Easter is the time of the year when I feel most people hammer the revision. (well, people I know). Then, everyday till the exams.
For a class test I don't revise effectively, but for the real thing I spend a lot of time going over past papers, notes etc for about 6-8 weeks before hand.

Yeah me too! been doing it since 5th year at school. 4th year at university now and doing it ever since. Even better when your personal tutor/studies advisor thinks you have been studying doing required reading during semester when you havent. Feels really early for me to start. I usually didnt start until mid April but because Easter is early this year and we have three days between finishing the last topic and the exams I felt I should do some now. (still the Easter revision we're talking about here).

Latest

Trending

Trending