Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where could we go on holiday ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I are divided over where we should spend our sixth-form leaving holiday next summer. They want to go to the usual party destination but I'd rather explore different places, go on a 'real' holiday, and not be surrounded by people I already know.

Is there anywhere that you can still have a good time but isn't cliché or too wild ? Thanks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    *Takes as chance to shameless plug Germany*

As unappealing as it may sound to many people, Dresden is a very pretty city, it's the capital city of Saxony, and it's effectively next door to Prague :P Or with the regional "Länderticket" you can explore anywhere in Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt AND Thüringen for just 21€ plus 3€ per extra person (max 4 extra people): various other cities (Erfurt is also very pretty), Weimar, Leipzig, Oschersleben has a motorsport arena, the Harz Mountains and Erz/Ore Mountains are pretty (there's an area called Sächsische Schweiz (Saxonian(?) Switzerland) which is meant to be neat)...

Or, Stuttgart is huge too, Baden-Württemberg is pretty state, pretty sure there's nightlife there too (I'm not an expert on that area xD) and it's near (4 hours train :P) to Germany's biggest/Europe's 3rd biggest theme park, so highly recommendables
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you do Interrail? You can go visit some more cultural places, explore, do whatever you want to do as well as stopping at some of Europe's party centres.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Why don't you do Interrail? You can go visit some more cultural places, explore, do whatever you want to do as well as stopping at some of Europe's party centres.
    I've been thinking of Interrail for a while now - both my parents did it. It's just difficult persuading my friends to try something a little different. But I agree, it's a good idea.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erdemrose)
    I've been thinking of Interrail for a while now - both my parents did it. It's just difficult persuading my friends to try something a little different. But I agree, it's a good idea.
    If they're going to be that stubborn and not compromise, go on your own!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    If they're going to be that stubborn and not compromise, go on your own!
    Hahah, I just might ! I just don't see the appeal of a week of boozing with people I've known my whole life. Thanks for the help .
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's basically inevitable that your friends will end up in Maga/Ibiza/Malia

Do you want to be that guy that's last memory his friends have is him ditching them and going off alone?

I'm not saying dont but give it thought.

Plus you'll meet tons of new people anywhere you go.
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahah, I just might ! I just don't see the appeal of a week of boozing with people I've known my whole life. Thanks for the help .
    I don't blame you one bit!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    my mates are the same. even tried telling them about thailand and the full moon party but they're a bit closed to that idea too...so annoying seems all they wanna do is go out, get wasted and come back to the same hotel for a week and not experience anything but that. It's like you've been on one of those holidays you've been on them all. sorry for the rant :\
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would want to go away with my friends to celebrate finishing high school, if that has to be a lads/mates holiday then so be it, wherever you go, you will not regret it.

Everyone I went to school with all went on holidays in their little groups to ibiza/zante/magaluf/ayia napa etc and then the year after that (or the year after that), the ones who wanted to do their travelling and exploring of the world done that; Australia/Thailand/SA/NZ/HK.

Excuse the pun, but I think you should enjoy the best of both worlds!

Good Luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_t)
    my mates are the same. even tried telling them about thailand and the full moon party but they're a bit closed to that idea too...so annoying seems all they wanna do is go out, get wasted and come back to the same hotel for a week and not experience anything but that. It's like you've been on one of those holidays you've been on them all. sorry for the rant :\
    Rant forgiven. I just wish they'd be a little more open-minded and try to be a little different. I'm sure we'll come to a compromise !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightweightbaby)
    Personally I would want to go away with my friends to celebrate finishing high school, if that has to be a lads/mates holiday then so be it, wherever you go, you will not regret it.

Everyone I went to school with all went on holidays in their little groups to ibiza/zante/magaluf/ayia napa etc and then the year after that (or the year after that), the ones who wanted to do their travelling and exploring of the world done that; Australia/Thailand/SA/NZ/HK.

Excuse the pun, but I think you should enjoy the best of both worlds!

Good Luck
    I do want to go away with my friends, it's just I've been doing what they've wanted to do for the past couple of years and it'd be nice if they considered my opinion once in a while instead of following the crowd. Thanks for the help anyway - I'm sure we'll find a way around things. .

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 26, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.