Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Contract phone issues

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So i have a contract with '3' network and i hate my phone! I have a samsung galaxy ace, which has caused me many issues. I am out of the 'return-policy' which is within 1 month of the purchase, and now im locked in to a 24 month contract.

I called the helpdesk and asked if there is any way i can change, they said i have to cancel and it will probably cost me even more. Yesterday i got an email from them saying my monthly contract is going to increase by £0.70 per month due to inflation. Is that not going out of my contract? I signed for £20.00 not £20.70?? so isn't that them changing the contract.

Is there anyway i can stop this? I was hoping to cancel the contrat now due to this increase and get one i really want.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This happened with Orange last year. You'll find it's written into the contract that they can raise the price according to inflation, and, if it's the same as Orange, there's nothing anyone can do about it - it's in the small print.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeh i called them and they said the same thing. its in the contract. only 20 more months to go!

thanks.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    20 months to go at £20 (for simplicity sake) will cost you £400. How can it costs more than that to cancel the contract? :lolwut:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What issues are you having with the phone?

If you don't like the phone then sell it on Ebay and use the money towards buying a new phone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    20 months to go at £20 (for simplicity sake) will cost you £400. How can it costs more than that to cancel the contract? :lolwut:
    That's how contracts work with phones, you're obliged to stay in the contract and pay your wages over the agreed time, if you want to end it early, you have to pay everything (in this simplified cae £400) and a another (large) fee.

OP If your with three though, they're obliged to end their contract if you havent got any signal, maybe go around a few relatives /friends to find a house with little or no signal, and then get in touch with three and say your now living at wherever for whatever reasons, and you have no signal, meaning their breaking their side of the contract (to provide you with a service), think tha would work, unless they say they can only do that in the first month, not sure.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kog)
    OP If your with three though, they're obliged to end their contract if you havent got any signal, maybe go around a few relatives /friends to find a house with little or no signal, and then get in touch with three and say your now living at wherever for whatever reasons, and you have no signal, meaning their breaking their side of the contract (to provide you with a service), think tha would work, unless they say they can only do that in the first month, not sure.
    that might actually work!! one of my friends neighbour hood has poor signals... i know wer ill be moving to now thanks!

the phone is very slow... in a 999 emergency i had to leave my new phone and go to a pay phone!! it closes down etc... they said they can repair it for me but will more likely be returned a the phone repaired, or a replacement. none sound appealing!

i might just try and sell it if nothing works, and invest in a iphone or better yet a blackberry!!

thanks everyone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mobs25)
    that might actually work!! one of my friends neighbour hood has poor signals... i know wer ill be moving to now thanks!

the phone is very slow... in a 999 emergency i had to leave my new phone and go to a pay phone!! it closes down etc... they said they can repair it for me but will more likely be returned a the phone repaired, or a replacement. none sound appealing!

i might just try and sell it if nothing works, and invest in a iphone or better yet a blackberry!!

thanks everyone.
    No problem, personally i'm on the one plan with Three for the iPhone 4s 32GB, it's £35 a month, and increasing as well in July (think i might complain abouth that though, try and get a free case or something from them for the increase, as when i signed the contract part of it states that if the price were to drop for my contract (which it would during the 2 year span), I sholdnt expect my bill to drop, yet they're increasing the bill, and now expect me to pay more....)

But besides that, my iPhone has been brilliant, and three has been the best network i've been on (especially for the unlimited, reliable internet)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kog)
    But besides that, my iPhone has been brilliant, and three has been the best network i've been on (especially for the unlimited, reliable internet)
    I know, everyone i know is on 3. Its been a really reliable network - its not their fault my phone is crap... but im going to see what i can do to change that lol. I wish i went for the Iphone - its one of their most popular deals! Ive learnt my lesson! lol
    thanks.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kog)
    That's how contracts work with phones, you're obliged to stay in the contract and pay your wages over the agreed time, if you want to end it early, you have to pay everything (in this simplified cae £400) and a another (large) fee.
    Ahh, I see. Greedy bastards :pierre:
    Then again (concerning monetary issues), I guess there's little point in entering into a contract in the first place if you can't pay it
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    You may be able to get out the current contract by taking out a more expensive contract with them (effectively upgrading) and then selling the crappy phone and using the money to pay a bit of the new contract.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.