The Student Room Group

Army says I don't meet the educational requirements to be an officer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by importunate
as a soldier if you can prove you are dedicated and will do the job well they will help you out.

Infantry, perhaps. However, I have never met anyone from the technical corps who didn't have the minimum entry requirements for their Trade.
Original post by ProStacker
Infantry, perhaps. However, I have never met anyone from the technical corps who didn't have the minimum entry requirements for their Trade.

Im not sure i get this, and im really not having a pop. But either you have worked in an afco, or you must spend your time going around asking squaddies and officers what they got at school and comparing it to what the website says,

Of course your right, the infantry doesnt care if you can read and write. But then who would you rather stand next to in a fight someone with lots of alevels or someone with lots of courage.

Also for the record i know a few engineers, signallers and reme blokes who didnt hit gcse grades. They made up for it in other ways. Again though this has nothing to do with officer recruitment.
Reply 22
Are you applying to go to RMA Sandhurst ? Most of them are university graduates and simply having a degree is not enough. Lots of applicants have been non commissioned officers when they were at school. With the current economic climate, lots of applicants for Sandhurst. You need to show dedication, leadership quality & physical ability.

Have you ever consider joining the TA and see what's like to be in the army ?

Quick Reply

Latest