The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA B PSYB2 29th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

hell yhh!!!!!
Im out guys peace and gd luck
Reply 82
Original post by lessQQmorepewpew
thank god for that and i put anonymity and unanimity ( or amount of agreeing or disagreeing confederates) My mind went blank for a minute on that one, i answered it so badly though lol. Size of group i suppose comes into it depending on whether they all conform or not and difficulty i think is a good one although i didn't mention it because i read that one of the criticisms of Sherif is that the ambivalency of his task meant that conformity was expected, which is why Asch's experient is so good.

The question said at least two factors, so I did 5 to make sure I wrote something trolololol.
Original post by jarekd1234
The question said at least two factors, so I did 5 to make sure I wrote something trolololol.

yeah well i think i failed that one, i think i mentioned a couple of other briefly. Need to make sure i read the question carefully haha
Original post by lumayaa
:frown:

I'm sure it wasn't that bad! What's the mug for?
Reply 85
So happy with that exam, couldn't have gone better at all! :biggrin: (Maybe if I'd remembered names of studies but oh well)
Such a shame that I focused so much on revising psychology I have messed up all chances of passing Law tomorrow haha :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Couldn't have asked for a better paper in my opinion, does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 87
I think I failed ahhhh
so basically writing about normative and information social influence was wrong :frown: ?
I thought to write variation. but assumed it would ask specifically about variations so I just stuck to why people conform.
Please can someone post what the questions were on this paper? My students have sat this paer today and I will not see the paper until tomorrow. I have grasped that the memory question was on MSM was that the 10 marker?
Questions on Social Influence, Memory & Forgetting and Anxiety.
Reply 90
Original post by psychobabble
Please can someone post what the questions were on this paper? My students have sat this paer today and I will not see the paper until tomorrow. I have grasped that the memory question was on MSM was that the 10 marker?

Social Influence: Describe and Evaluate 2 factors affecting conformity. Include evidence in your answers
Remembering and Forgetting: Describe and evaluate the Multistore model of memory. Include evidence in your answers
Anxiety: Describe and evaluate 2 explanations of OCD. Incude evidence in your answers.

Other major questions:
Discuss ONE limitation of Interference - 3 marks

Describe the Psychodynamic explanation of phobias- 3 marks

Use your knoweldge of previous research to predict the outcome of this experiment.- 3 marks... the experiment was based on the study with the man in the uniform and the man in casual dress asking people in the street to pick up rubbish.
We were asked to name the dependant and independant variable in the experiment.

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lumayaa
oh wow! thank you!!!!!

that's okay! and multi store did come up! hope it helped :smile:
Original post by lumayaa
I think I failed ahhhh
so basically writing about normative and information social influence was wrong :frown: ?
I thought to write variation. but assumed it would ask specifically about variations so I just stuck to why people conform.

it's not wrong! (i dont think so) i wrote about it when i discussed sherif and aschs experiments which showed levels of conformity in ambiguous and non- ambiguous tasks :smile:
D & E 2 factors affecting conformity - 1 = size of group - you could write about original expt. then variation where size of gp was changed and how it affected results. 2. difficulty of task - whether ambiguous or not. You could write about Sherif autokinetic effect as ambiguous task and compare with Asch as unambiguaous task. You could have linked internalisation and compliance.
Reply 94
can someone answer me please ?
Reply 95
Original post by HollyBumblebee
it's not wrong! (i dont think so) i wrote about it when i discussed sherif and aschs experiments which showed levels of conformity in ambiguous and non- ambiguous tasks :smile:

oh wow, yay. even if I get something out of 10 I will be happy. hahah
are you doing unit 3 or next year ? x
Original post by lumayaa
oh wow, yay. even if I get something out of 10 I will be happy. hahah
are you doing unit 3 or next year ? x

yeah doing unit 3 in upper sixth :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by HollyBumblebee
yeah doing unit 3 in upper sixth :smile:

ahhh i need to revise for that!
Hopefully everybody did as well as they could :smile: you can only try your best. I did the memory, social cognition and anxiety disorders.
Reply 99
I thought the exam the ok, the 10 mark qs especially, I mean, who expected the multi store model to come up :smile: Does anyone have a mark answer scheme type thing, like someone did for the first psychology unit....:smile: Some of the short mark qs were a bit tricky. What did people write for the definition and weakness of inteference? And also, just to check, for the independant and dependant variable and the type of measure used, and a strength of that? Also, the case study? Thankk you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest