Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do we need to learn all the poems?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. So I'm pretty good at english (got an A* in my mocks) but I'm flicking through my anthology (we're doing the 'conflict' section at my school) and there are an awful lot in this section.

Do we need to know about ever single one? I know about about half in depth and a fifth more reasonably well.

Any information would be appreciated

Thanks,

Shiv
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I did the AQA anthology poems last year (in year 10), but I did it on 'Relationships'. But, sadly I'm not as good as you (only got an A ).
    I learnt all the poems in reasonable depth, yet I still retained most of it. If you got an A* in the mock, then what you're doing is right. I just checked my old anthology and there is just about the same amount of poems between 'Conflict' and 'Relationships'.
    Also, I thought you would know but you get a CLEAN copy of the anthology when you go into the exam, so as long as you remember your notes, I think you'll get an A*. Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great thanks mate Guess I'll just go through as many as possible then!

But my teacher only went through a handful with us, does that mean we have to make notes ourselves on the rest of them?

And in your exam was the question along the lines of: "Compare the way in which [poem A] and one other poem do something?"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to get away with not learning poems that have been named on past papers.
    Ive got this tomorrow, im not great at english, im hoping ill get an A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shivvers)
    Great thanks mate Guess I'll just go through as many as possible then!

But my teacher only went through a handful with us, does that mean we have to make notes ourselves on the rest of them?

And in your exam was the question along the lines of: "Compare the way in which [poem A] and one other poem do something?"
    Yes, our teacher went through everything, if yours has not, then you may have to have a quick read over them, just to know the general basis of it. Yes, the question on my exam was comparing a selected poem and then using another of your choice based on a theme. Also, we had the unknown poem.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 23, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.