The Student Room Group

Wjec law as help

The Rule of Law Essay

Can someone help me with these questions please :

1)Outline the role of judges in promoting the rule of law

2)Discuss the importance of the Rule of Law in English and Welsh law

thanks this is AS LAW btw and its on the WJEC board, but feel free to help me even if you're not on WJEC.

THANKSS!
any predictions anyone?X
Reply 2
I haven't got the slightest clue on what is going to come up, i'm just gonna start to use the revision guide.
Reply 3
Common Law and Equity has come up in EVERY single LA1 exam, so chances are it's going to come up again. Jurys been in 5/6 and so has Legal aid. But it could be completely random. :/
(edited 11 years ago)
im praying on equity! Bail and CPS would be fine though. I hate it when they mix the questions up though, this is my retake and when i did it first time, they weren't mixed up, it was bliss...still retaking though haha x
Reply 5
I'm doing this as a retake too. I'm really nervous because I haven't done much revision. I've been focussing on other exams. I definitely think equity will come up, but unfortunately for me my teacher never taught it to us. I don't think it would be a good idea to attempt to learn it from scratch the day before. My head might just explode. ahhhh.
Original post by OxfordPotential
any predictions anyone?X

Yes. I predict an earthquake.
equity is the easiest topic i'd say, if you know the few main points you're sorted! x
Original post by Harry Styles
Yes. I predict an earthquake.

ahahaha. that just might be possible
Reply 9
If worst comes to worst I might try to memorise some equity stuff. I'm predicting equity, a rule of law + human rights combo, juries, eu law, bail + CCRC, civil courts.
Reply 10
Man I've got CPS, Bail, Law and Morality, Civil Courts and Procedures covered.
Should I revise Common Law and Equity and ADR aswell? or should i do one of them, if so which one?

Arghh i hope the exam goes well for everyone :smile:
Reply 11
Do Equity since it always comes up. I'd also say go over rule of law. I just have a feeling it'll be on the paper.
Reply 12
I dont understand the rule of law as my teacher didnt really cover it, nor did she provide a model answrer, could you email me a model answer on the rule of law part a and b if you can? Id be very grateful :smile:
Reply 13
So for last minute revision, which topics you guys think I should cover?
go over ADR it comes up a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending