The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2012 : How did it go ?

I thought it was a good paper; not too easy but not too hard. How did the rest of yous find ? Also, can someone try and post section B as a fast as possible. Much appreciated :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was really easy actually, so hopefully that means I've secured an A :smile: some people said they thought the essays were really bad but I liked the two I picked- neurotransmitters and temperature control.
I didn't get a few questions so it will be interesting to see what people got for the answers
Reply 2
Multiple choice had several challenging questions, but all in all not a bad paper at all! Essay questions were fair and easy to write about :smile:
Hope you guys all got on well. :biggrin: I'll be here if you need any questions answered.
Original post by katoes
I thought it was really easy actually, so hopefully that means I've secured an A :smile: some people said they thought the essays were really bad but I liked the two I picked- neurotransmitters and temperature control.
I didn't get a few questions so it will be interesting to see what people got for the answers

Yeah I did the same essays, seemed the easiest to me, overall the paper seemed to go great actually :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by badumdumtscht
Hope you guys all got on well. :biggrin: I'll be here if you need any questions answered.

Would improved sanitation and introduction of vaccines be acceptable for the factors which caused a decrease in death rate ?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S5830
Reply 6
I chose the essay about temperature control and carbon cycle I think i got an A but would need the paper to be fairly certain

Reply 7
Original post by katoes

What questions did you not get ?

Reply 8
Does anybody have the paper they could upload? Cheers And a bio genius to mark it would be great!
Reply 9
Original post by cks123
What questions did you not get ?

I can only remember one in particular about what kind of learning occurs when behaviour follows certain steps? I think it was the boy's development of walking. I thought it was shaping but that had already come up in the multiple choice
Reply 10
Original post by katoes
I can only remember one in particular about what kind of learning occurs when behaviour follows certain steps? I think it was the boy's development of walking. I thought it was shaping but that had already come up in the multiple choice

Am pretty certain that was maturation

Reply 11
Does anyone have an extra copy of the paper otherwise I don't think one will make it up here as we had to write on it?
Reply 12
Wasn't a fan of the multiple choice, but the paper overall got easier the further in. I liked the essay questions, they were relatively simple. Think I secured a B, possibly an A.

What did you guys put for the one asking about non-verbal signs? The one listing parts of the body and asking if they were involved? I wasn't sure about picking tongue but I did it anyways.
Reply 13
Any answers?
Reply 14
Original post by cks123
Would improved sanitation and introduction of vaccines be acceptable for the factors which caused a decrease in death rate ?

The death rate went up-it increased.
Reply 15
Original post by rayore

I thought it decreased? And the overall population increased?
Reply 16
Yeah i thought that too, it was basically a transition model?
Reply 17
Original post by rayore

Am certain it decreased

Reply 18
Original post by george1995
Yeah i thought that too, it was basically a transition model?

Yeah I think it was :smile:

I put that the tongue could be used to show verbal communication... but I'm really not sure if that's right, it was a bit of a weird question
Reply 19
It was pretty weird, i put tongue and eyebrows as well for like frowning haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending