The Student Room Group

How much time did you spend with him/her before telling him/her your feelings?

Scroll to see replies

Who measures time in terms of 50 hours? why not 48 lol?
Reply 21
Original post by Calpurnia
I'm pretty sure they all mean the same thing to me...

I opted for 50 hours, I think that's the least amount of time you should take working out if the person is who they say they are, or who you think/hope they are.

Anything longer is just killing time really, anything less and there's probably a lot you don't know but should.

Seriously? I definitely like someone before I love them.
Original post by riotgrrl
Seriously? I definitely like someone before I love them.

I'm usually pretty black/white about how I feel about people. It doesn't usually happen that I go from "liking" someone to realising there's more. It tends to hit me like a truck early-on if I love someone. Often before I decide I officially "like" them. I suppose there's a kind of trial period I subconsciously subject people to. For the first few weeks, they are neutral while I get to know them/whatever, then, when I think I've heard enough I put them into a little category. Most people, I decide I don't care about at all, because they are 10-a-penny (in my opinion), so they go into the 10-a-penny category. Some people I decide are actually pretty cool and I would like to associate with them, these people go into my "friends" category. This category is unique in the sense it has a promotion opportunity to "best friend". Another category is "love interest", which can only be occupied by one person at a time. If I have a girlfriend, it's not up for question, and she was put in it straight after her trial period was over.

Hope that helps illustrate my quirky system to you, random internet user :smile:
Original post by Spairos
Why did you wait that long?
You werent considering about her as a potentional partner earlier?

A mixture of nervousness and not really knowing when to say it. In the end it turned out we both liked each other over the same three year period.

We've been together for the past 4 and a half months :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending