The Student Room Group

I did all my exams in blue ink

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaJane_
The instructions were never read out for any of my exams, they never are at my school.

If there are no invigilators present, then who makes sure that no ones cheating?
Reply 81
Original post by TheStudent.
If there are no invigilators present, then who makes sure that no ones cheating?

I never said there were no invigilators.
I said the instructions are never read out.
I find it hard to believe they don't read instructions out as they have to say the whole "in the unlikely event of a fire, you are to remain seated and await further instructions" thing.
Reply 83
I think the best solution to this is:
•read the front-page in the future
•hope that you get away with it this time;
Rather than arguing about something that can't actually be changed...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by LouiseOrd
I find it hard to believe they don't read instructions out as they have to say the whole "in the unlikely event of a fire, you are to remain seated and await further instructions" thing.

This hasn't ever been said before any of my exams! Is it a legal requirement? Funnily enough the other day I DID have a fire alarm go off in one of my exams, I must have looked pretty freaked out because one of the invigilators came up to me personally and asked if I was alright :colondollar: Exam was stopped temporarily and the exams officer came in and told us it was a year 13 prank (it was their last day), and that he has to write to Edexcel saying it happened.

ANYWAYS

Its on the front page, in bold.

If you miss it, your fault.

Thats all.

The rules haven't changed.

I genuinely haven't seen this explicitly stated on the front of any of my Edexcel maths exams (the majority of exams I have taken this summer, I am a F.Maths student). Is this because you may be required to use pencil for graphs etc.?
However, it has to be said, the invigilators ALWAYS tell us to use black. Always has been the rule as far as I know.
Reply 85
what exams did you take?
Original post by Where'sPerry?
This hasn't ever been said before any of my exams! Is it a legal requirement? Funnily enough the other day I DID have a fire alarm go off in one of my exams, I must have looked pretty freaked out because one of the invigilators came up to me personally and asked if I was alright :colondollar: Exam was stopped temporarily and the exams officer came in and told us it was a year 13 prank (it was their last day), and that he has to write to Edexcel saying it happened.

I genuinely haven't seen this explicitly stated on the front of any of my Edexcel maths exams (the majority of exams I have taken this summer, I am a F.Maths student). Is this because you may be required to use pencil for graphs etc.?
However, it has to be said, the invigilators ALWAYS tell us to use black. Always has been the rule as far as I know.

I'm not sure about maths, but i know that its always on the front of every biology, english literature and chemistry exam i've ever sat. It might be as you say.. since you do need to use pencil for graphs.
Reply 87
I wouldn't worry about it. It's an easy mistake to make and I'm sure they get loads of exam papers written in blue. As long as it's not in yellow or green pencil crayons, I'm sure they'll still mark it.
Hope you've done well! :biggrin:
Reply 88
ANYWAYS

Thats all.

Well actually this has only been in place for a few years, they used to allow blue ink as well until quite recently
Reply 89
top rebel aren't you my friend!
Reply 90
Original post by naman
top rebel aren't you my friend!

What a wonderfully helpful comment.
ANYWAYS

Thats all.

Just to clarify there is no instruction on the front of Edexcel Maths papers relating to ink colour

Just checked Biology for 2010 ... no instruction
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by tomaird
I wouldn't worry about it. It's an easy mistake to make and I'm sure they get loads of exam papers written in blue. As long as it's not in yellow or green pencil crayons, I'm sure they'll still mark it.
Hope you've done well! :biggrin:

Aw thank you so much, finally a helpful and non-abusive comment! :biggrin:
Reply 93
Original post by EmmaJane_
Aw thank you so much, finally a helpful and non-abusive comment! :biggrin:

no problemo :biggrin:
Well your sooooo smart aren’t you !

Quick Reply