The Student Room Group

How do I leave the Labour Party?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by richiemayne
I've been a member of the Labour Party for almost three years now, but for a wide variety of reasons (but mostly due to a change in political beliefs) I wish to leave the party.

Good decision my friend. Good decision.
Reply 61
Original post by . .
Well they have failed to get use out of the recession for a start. I guess they are the lesser of the two evils.

No they haven't. We're no longer in recession.
Good choice is all I can say. Plus you may want to get a brain scan of some sorts as the fact you joined in the first place is very worrying.
Original post by willock91
Good choice is all I can say. Plus you may want to get a brain scan of some sorts as the fact you joined in the first place is very worrying.

Demeaning the political beliefs of others is crass. I understand that the vast majority of political beliefs are rational and justifiable, my finding them agreeable is another matter
Find employment/further yourself educationally, or become a British citizen.
Salfordian (Salford, city outside Manchester) LLB Law with German Law student at The University of Sheffield, and an outreach officer there
Original post by sdiff
if you get a job you are automatically ejected. Problem solved.

take my +reps.
Original post by LouisDanGaal
Demeaning the political beliefs of others is crass. I understand that the vast majority of political beliefs are rational and justifiable, my finding them agreeable is another matter

People demean Hitler's political beliefs? i.e. you're talking rubbish.
Reply 68
just done that
If you want to leave you'll have to hold a referendum.
I know ,it's baffling, I decided to join the Labour Party because I believed Jeremy Corbyn could be a new more Labour leader than ,for example Tony Blair , however I have been disappointed. in his leadership skills and the resulting behaviour within the Labour Party. I can't find any simple way on their website of how to leave .I shall be ringing them up tomorrow and cancelling my membership

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending