The Student Room Group

AS/A2 Maths

hey im hoping to be a private candidate next year and wanting to take AS physics as well as AS and A2 maths in the same year.

The way Edexcel schedule their exam it appears that i'd have to sit C1 and C3 in january and then C2 and C4 in May/June as C1/2 and C3/4 seem to be on the same dates in jan and may.

would i have to sit them in order of C1,C3,C2,C4 or am i missinformed?
Also would it be more difficult sitting them in that order?
Also, also, M1 and M2 or M1 and S1,*hoping to study physics at uni.

Tarrr :smile:
Reply 1
No, what normally happens is that because they're only 90 minute exams you'll sit them back-to-back if they clash. In a year, most people do C1, C2 and one applied module in January, and then C3, C4 and another applied in May/June.
Reply 2
Original post by whiteing
hey im hoping to be a private candidate next year and wanting to take AS physics as well as AS and A2 maths in the same year.

The way Edexcel schedule their exam it appears that i'd have to sit C1 and C3 in january and then C2 and C4 in May/June as C1/2 and C3/4 seem to be on the same dates in jan and may.

You can take them in any order but the logical progression is C1, C2, C3, C4 and I'd stick to that. Thousands of candidates every year do 2 in a session (so 3 hours in total).
Reply 3
Original post by whiteing

C3 and C4 do not clash in summer 2013

Only thing I'd add to comments above is that as a private candidate schools/colleges that accept you are not likely to make special arrangements for you unless they have their own candidates with the same clash. Just don't leave your search for a centre until the last minute you may have try a few before you find one to take you.
Reply 4
Cheers guys:smile:

I think the best thing would be to switch to ocr :smile: the sillybus seems to be pretty much the same and all the exam dates differ:smile: tarrrr for the advicee alll

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending