The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure how to get up and revise after this week's disaster :frown: feel so demotivated.
Reply 201
Original post by dclarke35
What do you mean that you have your clearing list? Has the official list been published? And if so where abouts can I access it?
No university has published its Clearing vacancies yet, and relatively few do before Results Day in August. The collated list is not published on UCAS before Results Day.
Exams have been disastrous! No way I'm getting into Nottingham :cry2:
Original post by such_a_lady
Definitely call in sick.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I think I will- I could do with the money, but my exams are obviously more important...

Just have to hope they believe me, and none of my colleagues turn up at the library... Ahaha, I work at McDonalds. They're all lovely, but I doubt any of them have been into a library in their lives...

Reply 204
Original post by dclarke35
What do you mean that you have your clearing list? Has the official list been published? And if so where abouts can I access it?

no no..basically, i just looked at the universities that went through clearing last year...and the ones that have always been in clearing
Original post by toulaa11
no no..basically, i just looked at the universities that went through clearing last year...and the ones that have always been in clearing

Where did you get that info? I've been looking for it, but can't seem to find it anywhere...

Reply 206
C4 brought me here, was a complete disaster :mad: Seriously, I'll be lucky to get an E, and I need an A overall to get into UCL. Unless I manage 100UMS in C3 next week I can kiss that goodbye :frown:
shoulda known kcl was a bad one to firm when the history offers are higher than the medicine ones... :tongue: this a* is going to kill me
Hah, with the way OCR B Chem is going, it's highly likely that a lot of people will be petrified of not meeting their offer.

I'm more worried about what Edexcel Bio Unit 5 could throw at me next week. It's the subject which will stop me from meeting my offer, I think.
Original post by spencerlaurent13
x

:hugs: That is absolutely awful! So many dreadful things have happened to you and none of it was your fault. I've never done it before so I'm not sure how you do it but you definitely need to contact the exam boards and your university to tell them what happened! The university won't judge you for it at all!
History and politics ****ed me hard in the arse. Gonna be a lorry driver for the rest of my life.
chemistry F335 :frown:

don't think I'll get that A/B now.
OCR History has truly ****ed me.
Reply 213
How do you calculate what grade you need to get in your upcoming exams to get the grade you need overall?
Original post by kimja
C4 brought me here, was a complete disaster :mad: Seriously, I'll be lucky to get an E, and I need an A overall to get into UCL. Unless I manage 100UMS in C3 next week I can kiss that goodbye :frown:

I feel the same! Core 4 was absolutely awful, so now I'm revising like crazy for Statistics 2 when the initial plan was to do well in C4 so I can chill in S2 'cause I suck at it :facepalm: Fingers crossed we'll both get into UCL :smile: Which course did you apply for?
Original post by NaturalAndReal
Starting to worry a bit...

I need a high C or a B in my English exam on Wednesday for a B overall, but I'm horribly unprepared and working 2 8 hour shifts between now and then...

Considering phoning in sick...

Lol, don't call in sick.
Just tell them you need to study for your exam, they can't stop you.
Or at least they can give you shorter hours.
That's what I did.
Reply 216
Original post by Minerva
Extenuating Circumstances
If you have been ill or there have been other things going on in your life (eg bereavement) which may have significantly affected either your revision or the exam itself, you should make sure that your school/college informs both the Exam Board and your firm/insurance unis well before Results are published. There is no guarantee that this information will be taken into account, but on the other hand it can’t be if the Exam Board/unis don’t have it in the first place. Bear in mind, however, that you are very likely to be expected to provide some documentary evidence of the issue, whatever it was.

If you have had a teaching disaster - wrong syllabus, absent/incompetent teachers - the school/college should be prepared to write to the unis concerned to inform them about it. Again, there's no guarantee the uni will take any notice, but it can be helpful.

Where can I get more details on extenuating circumstances? As in what documentation is required and who do I send it to? And what precisely constitutes as extenuating circumstances.

Details of my specific situation if it helps:

Spoiler

Brought here by core 4 yesterday. Blew the exam completely. I blew M1 too. I only needed 93 UMS off both of them to get a B but i'm about 90% sure I haven't made it. So yea. Here comes a summer of panicing.
Reply 218
Original post by Lollyage
I feel the same! Core 4 was absolutely awful, so now I'm revising like crazy for Statistics 2 when the initial plan was to do well in C4 so I can chill in S2 'cause I suck at it :facepalm: Fingers crossed we'll both get into UCL :smile: Which course did you apply for?

I'm doing MEI so did Stats 2 a couple of weeks ago, and like you was hoping C4 and C3 would balance it out as I thought that didn't go well...C4 was so much worse, I just completely went to pieces in the exam :frown: I have no idea if an A's still possible, even if I did somehow manage 100 in C3.

I've applied for Psychology, offer AAA but has to include maths. I do four subjects and reckon if I'm lucky I'll get A*AAB but with the B in maths. My teacher reckons they may still let me in with that but I'm not so sure tbh :frown: What about you?
Reply 219
Original post by whattheheck
I've already said goodbye to my firm. Sad times.

Same, its a pity!
:console: Hope grade boundaries are low so atleast we get our insurance, if not your firm! All the best. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending