Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

No idea on what to do after college (Please read?)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I decided on A levels, before I thought things through properly I applied at my local college to study history, sociology and English language/literature. I was offered a place and told that I would be able to accept the offer in August after I had received my GCSE results.
    My predicted grades are-
    English Lanugage: A
    English Literature: A
    Mathematics: F (They weren't really concerned about this and said I'd be able to re-take maths whilst studying my chosen subjects)
    Health and Social care Double award: Two C's
    Child Development: C
    Food Technology: D (I've always sucked at it!)
    Level 2 in applied science BTEC (I got two pass grades and was told that this was the equivalent to two C grades at GCSE)

Anyway, my issue is that I recently got my results back from the Health and Social exam I took, I got two C's.
    The problem is my coursework isn't up to scratch and it's already been sent off to the exam board! So I'm pretty sure that I won't get two C's at all as the coursework is worth 60% of my final grades.
    My question is; Will the college accept my BTEC in science as two C grades at GCSE? or am I basically stuffed? The college asks for 5 A*-C grades at GCSE.
    I don't have a problem getting any of the other grades I have been predicted.
    I plan to call the college tomorrow and ask.
    Thanks for any answers in advance!

Also to add-
    The title is wrong (Sorry guys, kinda tired) I meant after school, haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Call them and ask. Also you should apply for a BTEC course at college now, just incase you don't get in to do A-Levels.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 24, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.