The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Karma's a bitch. Literally

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 61
I mixed up cosmological and teleological argument for a 6 marker :frown: For anyone that done the Christianity paper.. what did you write for the question "By what means do Christians believe they can achieve the goals of life"?
Reply 62
Think that was a pretty fair paper, think I've got an A hopefully! The economical causes of crime question kinda threw me, but that was just because of the way the question was worded.

I think for that question about the means to achieve the goals in Christianity, I think you just had to mention prayer, worship, the sacraments and the kingdom of god.

Reply 63
I really hope the pass mark stays the same as last year and doesn't massively increase!
Reply 64
Original post by Scrabble96
Didn't like Buddhism!

Buddhism was a nightmare, what was that first question?! OMG.
Reply 65
Messed up 10 maker and on C and P and the economic bit. I found paper 2 quite hard. I mentioned the same thing on question 1 and 2. Wanted a b not so sure now :frown:
Reply 66
Who has been making up these exams. Was it given to some random teacher to do it on there own!!! My exams have been poop. The way the questions was set out was different to all past exam papers. It usually starts with human condition for Christianity.
Reply 67
What did you guys get for the contradictions with cosmo and science one?

I said they don't because they agree there was nothing before the creation event. They agree there cannot be infinite regression. Then talked about theistic evolution. Plus that cosmo gives reason to human existence and science tells us how it happened (not sure about this)
Then they did contradict because it has been proven something can come from nothing. The Cosmo contradicts itself because it makes god a special case and finally some christians would argue that is the BBT wasn't written about in genesis it didn't happen but some believe BBT.

does this make sense guys?
Reply 68
Original post by aroy45

I said they don't because they agree there was nothing before the creation event. They agree there cannot be infinite regression. Then talked about theistic evolution. Plus that cosmo gives reason to human existence and science tells us how it happened (not sure about this)
Then they did contradict because it has been proven something can come from nothing. The Cosmo contradicts itself because it makes god a special case and finally some christians would argue that is the BBT wasn't written about in genesis it didn't happen but some believe BBT.

Oh :frown: i think i have that one wrong again then! i wrote about the relationship models like integration, conflict etc.. you probably have it right though!
agreed, the question on the problems created for buddhists of understanding kamma... i didnt even think there was problems caused by it! oh well, the other two sections went really well (capital punishment was eassy!) and was soo glad about christianity and science :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by aroy45

Basic structure of mines was a mixed one. They do contradict obviously because of things like quantum physics potentially disproving cosmological argument as it shows that things do not need a cause which is one of the main points in the cosmological argument. Just stuff like that.

But they also don't contradict, because both the cosmological argument and big bang theory can work together. God could have caused the singularity mentioned in the BBT which then exploded, expanded etc which proves both theories right. Just tried to expand on that as much as I could.
Original post by aroy45

when tackling AE questions i write about different viewpoints and it makes it so much easier,
like literal christians say it does contradict because science explanations not in bible blah blah weaknesses of science and big bang blah blah strengths of cosmo and genesis blah blah...
liberal says doesnt contradict and science could be gods method, he used big bang as the start of a chain of causes blah blah too much evidence to rule out science, bible symbolic blah blah blah
scientism says does contradict cause gensis is wrong (i didnt write it quite like that xD) and isnt based on evidence blah blah weaknesses of cosmo blah blah evidence for big bang blah blah etc..

this make sense to anyone apart from me? xD
Reply 72
Original post by imonlylittle
when tackling AE questions i write about different viewpoints and it makes it so much easier,
like literal christians say it does contradict because science explanations not in bible blah blah weaknesses of science and big bang blah blah strengths of cosmo and genesis blah blah...
liberal says doesnt contradict and science could be gods method, he used big bang as the start of a chain of causes blah blah too much evidence to rule out science, bible symbolic blah blah blah
scientism says does contradict cause gensis is wrong (i didnt write it quite like that xD) and isnt based on evidence blah blah weaknesses of cosmo blah blah evidence for big bang blah blah etc..

this make sense to anyone apart from me? xD

I wrote along the same lines as you but keep thinking I won't have got that many marks off it since I didn't write THAT much for the last question but did cover the same points as you.
Reply 73
Hey guys,
I'm worried about Question 3 in the Crime and Punishement part, I've answered part a and b exactly the same, used the quotes from the bible like "Eye for an eye" or "Never pay back evil for evil" for both of them. Will I lose marks for doing that?

and the Buddhism paper... Anatta for 6 marks, come on! ;/

I was going for an A, but now I don't think I'm even going to get a B ;/ ;/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Verdinej
Hey guys,
I'm worried about Question 3 in the Crime and Punishement part, I've answered part a and b exactly the same, used the quotes from the bible like "Eye for an eye" or "Never pay back evil for evil" for both of them. Will I lose marks for doing that?

Maybe they'll lower the grade boundaries a little? From what I've seen everyone including myself found Buddhism pretty painful.
Christianity part was pretty easy imo.
Reply 76
Original post by BoyceAvenue
Christianity part was pretty easy imo.

Off topic a bit but I LOVE YOUR NAME <3 Can't wait to see them in less than two weeks :biggrin:
Reply 77
Hey guys,
I'm worried about Question 3 in the Crime and Punishement part, I've answered part a and b exactly the same, used the quotes from the bible like "Eye for an eye" or "Never pay back evil for evil" for both of them. Will I lose marks for doing that? ;/

I doubt you will. You could however, have only gave the two Christian viewpoints with one quote for part a) as it's only 4KU and then go onto give the two viewpoints from Christianity again, with other quotes and also discuss Islam/Sharia Law to back up the Old Testament view.
Reply 78
I think I wrote more in the entire RMPS exam than I have ever written in my life. My hand is still painful! I thought that Buddhism was OK, although to be fair I wasn't a huge fan of 1b and 1c (the questions of the benefits/ difficulties faced by Buddhists who believed in Karma). I think some people were quite surprised with the gender section and the question about trafficking. I didn't like the contradictions question between the cosmological argument and science either to be honest - I think I babbled a bit. Ah well, who knows what they'll give marks for! Good luck everyone for August! :smile:
Hey guys,

they'll give you marks for it in one section but not the other :/
however if you wrote like 6 marks for the 1st four marker, then the same points in the second one, youll get marks for the points you would have got excesss marks for in the first part... if that makes sense? xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending