The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS Exam Discussion

So who's all doing this? :biggrin:

I'm studying Buddhism, Crime & Punishment and then CBS.
Feeling pretty confident - it's my best subject.
Pretty sure evolution is going to turn up in the CBS section - it wasn't in it at all last year?
What are you guys studying?How do you feel about it? Any predictions? :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Evolution and big band theory I think will turn up for CBS.
I'm doing Christianity, guessing Jesus' Teaching will come up plus sin or human condition.

What are you guessing for Crime and Punishment?
Reply 2
My teacher highly recommended looking over Utilitarianism and Kant applied to Punishment

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I'm doing Christianity and Crime and Punishment.
Kant and Utilitarianism will always come up in some shape/form, but that's no biggy, it's quite straight forward if you just learn their basic beliefs.
I'm actually feeling reasonably confident. I just need to cram effectively over the weekend! But I have Physics on Monday :frown:
Reply 4
Anyone got any good notes for Evolution and/or Buddhism? My teacher for those two units wasn't very good and all we seemed to do in class was NAB revision and very little note taking.
Reply 5
Original post by ..lauren
I'm doing Christianity and Crime and Punishment.
Kant and Utilitarianism will always come up in some shape/form, but that's no biggy, it's quite straight forward if you just learn their basic beliefs.
I'm actually feeling reasonably confident. I just need to cram effectively over the weekend! But I have Physics on Monday :frown:

Same :frown: double exams booooo!
Any predictions for the big 10 marker in C&P?

Reply 6
Original post by aroy45
Same :frown: double exams booooo!
Any predictions for the big 10 marker in C&P?

Yup, it's rubbish! And nope, no clue :/
Reply 7
Does anyone have any notes for Buddhism like analysis questions or just ANYTHING! My teacher was a total waste of space! :frown:

Reply 8
I'm doing global issues and buddhism.

There is only two past papers with global issues q's as its fairly new so if anyone has a link to some questions or would is able to send me some it would be great

Thanks everyone :smile:
Reply 9
Does anyone know any websites that have full answers to the past papers? Like answers for full marks on each questions?

Not like the sqa answers which tell you barely anything.
Reply 10
I'm doing Buddhism, Gender Issues and Science and Belief. I think I'm feeling quite confident about the exam. Our teacher has been brilliant all year, (thank goodness!) so I think I understand the topics at a reasonably in-depth level. If anyone needed some Buddhism notes, I could always get you some off of our school's shared area? I won't be able to go in and use the library until tomorrow though... :/
Reply 11
Original post by kirstyhr
I'm doing Buddhism, Gender Issues and Science and Belief. I think I'm feeling quite confident about the exam. Our teacher has been brilliant all year, (thank goodness!) so I think I understand the topics at a reasonably in-depth level. If anyone needed some Buddhism notes, I could always get you some off of our school's shared area? I won't be able to go in and use the library until tomorrow though... :/

That's fine, any notes at all would be fantastic. My teacher was a waste of space and just abandoned us in April...

Reply 12

yes plz
Reply 13
im doing CBS, (i agree on the evolution prediction) and doing Islam (which im confident about cause im muslim woohoo) and Gender Issues (which i need to revise because i wasnt in school for about 90% of the topic, but to be fair it seems straight forward enough..)

I had a look at the Specimen paper (2010) and the actual 2010 paper and the 2011 paper, and two of them had Euthyphros dilemma, 2011 didnt so i doubt it will come up this year either..shame :s-smilie: because it is a really simple concept :/

Anymore predictions ? (jealous about your teacher /\ ours was RUBBISH! bt he is a nice guy :smile:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Scrabble96
That's fine, any notes at all would be fantastic. My teacher was a waste of space and just abandoned us in April...

Aw man, that's rubbish. :frown: I'll do my best to get them tomorrow. I'll warn you (and anyone else who'd like them) in advance, there's quite a lot!
Reply 15
Oh and also, another RMPS teacher at my school made a RMPS website. I think it's quite helpful? I think there might be one or two things that are Int 2 in there, but it's mostly Higher. :smile:

http://www.rmpsuccess.com/
Reply 16
Oh and also, another RMPS teacher at my school made a RMPS website. I think it's quite helpful? I think there might be one or two things that are Int 2 in there, but it's mostly Higher. :smile:

http://www.rmpsuccess.com/

Sweeeet, thanks again! :smile:

Reply 17
This is weird but information in like all websites i have been are completely different to each as if we are revising things completely different to each others. For ethical theories i have simple notes but it seems so confusing what other people are studying, kind of gets me worries lol.

Anyways, i have a question.

"It can never be right to use the death penalty." Evaluate this statement with reference to atleast two secular viewpoints you have studied. (8AE)

Would i just say that some utiltarians are for capital punishment because it provides the greatest happiness for greatest number of people as the death penalty will deter criminals from murder protecting soicety.

And then talk about utilitarians that may go against ( For example ) However If an inncoent person is put to death then this could lead to unhappiness and fear for the greatest number of people which wiould go against utilitarian ethics.

Then do same with Kantian ethics why he would be against and for capital punishment.

Then my opinion if i am against capital pnuishment or not.

Would that be enough for 8 marks?
Reply 18
Original post by StudyAk
This is weird but information in like all websites i have been are completely different to each as if we are revising things completely different to each others. For ethical theories i have simple notes but it seems so confusing what other people are studying, kind of gets me worries lol.

Anyways, i have a question.

"It can never be right to use the death penalty." Evaluate this statement with reference to atleast two secular viewpoints you have studied. (8AE)

Would i just say that some utiltarians are for capital punishment because it provides the greatest happiness for greatest number of people as the death penalty will deter criminals from murder protecting soicety.

And then talk about utilitarians that may go against ( For example ) However If an inncoent person is put to death then this could lead to unhappiness and fear for the greatest number of people which wiould go against utilitarian ethics.

Then do same with Kantian ethics why he would be against and for capital punishment.

Then my opinion if i am against capital pnuishment or not.

Would that be enough for 8 marks?

Go on to do some Ku with analysis eg. Talk about how it is never certain a person is guilty then discuss Timothy evans. You can use KU in these questions if you analyse it. It's easy marks!

Reply 19
Hey guys. Ok, so I went into school and got the powerpoints for Buddhism, Gender Issues and Science and Belief. There's quite a lot... It's probably easiest if whoever wanted them send me a message with your e-mail and what subject(s) you want sent to you and I'll go from there? If anyone has a different method just let me know. Everyone's welcome to them. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending