Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

your 'most entertaining' footballers?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Djibral Cisse is just funny, he scores or gets sent off!! Balotelli is just the most controversial player and that makes him wonderful.

On the pitch, I love to watch a fast, tricky, skillful winger. Ben Arfa, Robben, those kind of players...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkski)
    first of all, to me Andy Carroll symbolizes traditional English football and the classic tall, powerful striker, persistent and strong in the air. his goal tally at Newcastle doesn't lie.

secondly, i was dead serious about Barton. perhaps your little brain just hasn't been exposed to enough, but i find him entertaining because he represents something of an English working class, even on the pitch. don't be fooled by his field persona, he's a charming fellow. do watch his 'say no to racism' interview.

as for Lee Bowyer, i like his style and never quite know what to expect from him. but it's always fun to have complete cynics watching the sport too, right?

Lastly, i did mention that Diouf was controversial, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say .. was it the spitting?
    Just stick your head in the sand, absolute idiot.

The Barton comment doesn't even deserve a proper response.

You like Lee Bowyer's style, what style? :lolwut: He's the most mediocre player ever, when you watch him you don't expect anything because he's ****ing ****e.

No surprise that you 'support' a team like Chelsea either, clueless.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    first of all, to me Andy Carroll symbolizes traditional English football and the classic tall, powerful striker, persistent and strong in the air. his goal tally at Newcastle doesn't lie.

secondly, i was dead serious about Barton. perhaps your little brain just hasn't been exposed to enough, but i find him entertaining because he represents something of an English working class, even on the pitch. don't be fooled by his field persona, he's a charming fellow. do watch his 'say no to racism' interview.

as for Lee Bowyer, i like his style and never quite know what to expect from him. but it's always fun to have complete cynics watching the sport too, right?

Lastly, i did mention that Diouf was controversial, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say .. was it the spitting?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DoubleFacePalm.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	151986
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Berbatov.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paolo Di Canio, his scissor kick against Wimbledon, maybe wasn't the best goal ever scored, but it does hold a special place in my heart along with some of my other favourites (Gerrard against Olympiakos and again against West Ham in the FA cup final). I think it's safe to say that Di Canio was a genius, he had the temperament; putting the referee, but was able to back it up and justify it with moments of individual brilliance on the pitch. He was also a fair player; catching the ball as opposed to dispatching it into the empty net when Paul Gerrard went down injured, and he always played to the whistle, a trait that a certain French goalkeeper fell foul of with hilarious consequences.
    I'm also partial to Eric Cantona and Zinedine Zidane, but Di Canio will always be the pinnacle of footballing entertainment for me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gianfranco Zola
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Just stick your head in the sand, absolute idiot.

The Barton comment doesn't even deserve a proper response.

You like Lee Bowyer's style, what style? :lolwut: He's the most mediocre player ever, when you watch him you don't expect anything because he's ****ing ****e.

No surprise that you 'support' a team like Chelsea either, clueless.
    clueless?
    i support Chelsea, because my father, who I hardly interact with anymore, grew up supporting them long before Abramovich could afford himself a wallet to fit coins in.
    i captain the u-18 side of our biggest local club, and our seniors are a newly promoted top-flight team who i will not name publicly. you can ask for it via PM if you wish to know.
    clueless, about football? i think not.
    so that was the personal aspect of your comment, seeing as you can't accept that people can have different opinions.
    anyway, now as for the actual football:

i've liked Joey Barton since he the day he came on as a substitute to replace Emre (it was him, wasn't it?). he's a hard fighter, he stands up for himself, and fights for his team. not necessarily in everyone's best interest, but players like him have character, and make football what it is.

plusssss. don't hate on Bowyer, he's a better footballer than you'll ever be. i'm sure you'll remember his dedication on the pitch from his newcastle days.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    1. zidane
    2. bergkamp
    3. fat ronaldo
    4. henry
    5. ronaldinho
    6. nasri in '10/'11 season
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    clueless?
    i support Chelsea, because my father, who I hardly interact with anymore, grew up supporting them long before Abramovich could afford himself a wallet to fit coins in.
    i captain the u-18 side of our biggest local club, and our seniors are a newly promoted top-flight team who i will not name publicly. you can ask for it via PM if you wish to know.
    clueless, about football? i think not.
    so that was the personal aspect of your comment, seeing as you can't accept that people can have different opinions.
    anyway, now as for the actual football:

i've liked Joey Barton since he the day he came on as a substitute to replace Emre (it was him, wasn't it?). he's a hard fighter, he stands up for himself, and fights for his team. not necessarily in everyone's best interest, but players like him have character, and make football what it is.

plusssss. don't hate on Bowyer, he's a better footballer than you'll ever be. i'm sure you'll remember his dedication on the pitch from his newcastle days.
    :facepalm2: I don't know why I am still taking you seriously...

Joey Barton is a thug, he had a good season at Newcastle and that's it.
    He's a horrible person on and off the pitch, and if you like players like that then that shows what kind of a person you are as well.

What is your obsession with Bowyer? :lolwut:
    One of the most mediocre players ever.
    I remember him at Newcastle for being a moody gob****e.
    He's also a better footballer than you'll ever be so that was a stupid response. :dunce:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    :facepalm2: I don't know why I am still taking you seriously...
    i'm sorry sir overlord, for posting my opinion on a public forum! shame you're a fat **** in real life and have to sit around trying to boast your 'superior football knowledge' to other people over a net, hahah mate you really need to get yourself checked. and the funky smileys are deffo cool and all, but do little to mask your pathetic little mind.

just to clarify: i was the one who said i enjoy the way Bowyer plays football. i clearly admire him, and listed him as one of my personal 'most entertaining' players: was that not enough respect i issued him? you were the one criticizing him as being 'mediocre', so i put you in your place by saying he was 'better than you [...]'. you obviously didn't see the connection there, hence your embarrassing rebuttal:
    (Original post by TM94)
    He's also a better footballer than you'll ever be so that was a stupid response. :dunce:
    oh my god, i can't even.. how old are you, anyway? like, thirty? you best get a life soon, overlord! okaaaay, thank you for your time.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most entertaining...

Of all time? Zidan.

Currently? C. Ronaldo.

From my team? No-one, it's ****ing Forest...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli. snm.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zola, Cantona, Okocha, Bergkamp, Rui Costa, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Boban, Balakov, Di Canio, Ronaldo (both), Veron, Riquelme, Figo, Carlos, Cafu, Denilson, Le Tissier, Gascoigne, Batistuta, Valderrama, Blanco, Nedved, Henry, Chilavert, Scholl, Rivaldo, Litmanen, Redondo, Ortega, van Hooijdonk, Valeron, Keane, Effenberg, Hagi, Barthez.... the list goes on.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry sir overlord, for posting my opinion on a public forum! shame you're a fat **** in real life and have to sit around trying to boast your 'superior football knowledge' to other people over a net, hahah mate you really need to get yourself checked. and the funky smileys are deffo cool and all, but do little to mask your pathetic little mind.

just to clarify: i was the one who said i enjoy the way Bowyer plays football. i clearly admire him, and listed him as one of my personal 'most entertaining' players: was that not enough respect i issued him? you were the one criticizing him as being 'mediocre', so i put you in your place by saying he was 'better than you [...]'. you obviously didn't see the connection there, hence your embarrassing rebuttal:

oh my god, i can't even.. how old are you, anyway? like, thirty? you best get a life soon, overlord! okaaaay, thank you for your time.
    I mean seriously :lol: you must be mentally challenged.
    The troll finally got bored and spectacularly crumbled, what a beautiful sight :dice:

1. Why do you call me overlord? Bizarre
    2. I'm not a fat **** in real life, but thanks for the insult LOL.
    3. I have 'superior football knowledge' than you, well clearly as does everyone else in this forum.
    4. The smileys aren't revolutionary, you could've used them more to make your trolling more entertaining.
    5. The whole Bowyer thing, he is one of the most average professional footballers you could name. He is obviously better than me or you, but how does that bar him from criticism. You seem to be awfully upset over my criticism over his footballing qualities. :rofl2:
    6. My username is TM94, are you so stupid that you can't make the connection between 94 and 1994. So I'm 18 not 30 :dunce:
    7. Telling me to get a life when you're trolling on a forum and calling people an 'overlord' :lolwut:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    On FIFA 11 it's always Puyol! Somehow he always gets a red card.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    viera and keane
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Barton aha I'm biased.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    I mean seriously :lol: you must be mentally challenged.
    The troll finally got bored and spectacularly crumbled, what a beautiful sight :dice:

1. Why do you call me overlord? Bizarre
    2. I'm not a fat **** in real life, but thanks for the insult LOL.
    3. I have 'superior football knowledge' than you, well clearly as does everyone else in this forum.
    4. The smileys aren't revolutionary, you could've used them more to make your trolling more entertaining.
    5. The whole Bowyer thing, he is one of the most average professional footballers you could name. He is obviously better than me or you, but how does that bar him from criticism. You seem to be awfully upset over my criticism over his footballing qualities. :rofl2:
    6. My username is TM94, are you so stupid that you can't make the connection between 94 and 1994. So I'm 18 not 30 :dunce:
    7. Telling me to get a life when you're trolling on a forum and calling people an 'overlord' :lolwut:
    mentally challenged? *cough*lawatUCL*cough*

mate this is getting embarrassing for you, i appreciate the way you formatted everything so nicely but you need to start getting laid.

as far as Barton and Bowyer go, they must have anally raped you as a child or something, as you don't seem to be able to accept that there are people who enjoy watching them (?). Bowyer's no technician on the pitch, but i like his style and i don't see why that's so difficult to understand..?

hahahah, the 'overlord' was a reference to your custom name thing. the fact that you have the time to post thousands of times on an internet forum is, quite frankly, hilarious.

anyway big boy, if i'm such a troll, shouldn't you get going? but no, big boy has to prove his integrity as a functioning member of society.. on TSR! :daydreaming:

(Original post by gemnomnom)
    Barton aha I'm biased.
    thank you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    mentally challenged? *cough*lawatUCL*cough*

mate this is getting embarrassing for you, i appreciate the way you formatted everything so nicely but you need to start getting laid.

as far as Barton and Bowyer go, they must have anally raped you as a child or something, as you don't seem to be able to accept that there are people who enjoy watching them (?). Bowyer's no technician on the pitch, but i like his style and i don't see why that's so difficult to understand..?

hahahah, the 'overlord' was a reference to your custom name thing. the fact that you have the time to post thousands of times on an internet forum is, quite frankly, hilarious.

anyway big boy, if i'm such a troll, shouldn't you get going? but no, big boy has to prove his integrity as a functioning member of society.. on TSR! :daydreaming:

thank you.
    You actually are the weirdest kid I have ever seen on TSR, the sheer audacity to insult someone over posting in an internet forum whilst you are attempting to piss other people off repeatedly on the same forum is simply staggering. If you like lee
    Bowyer and Barton for their 'styles' then thats your opinion even if it is bizarre.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.