Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Which one of these club do you think will spend the most on transfers this summer?
    Chelsea
    54.64%
    Manchester United
    11.34%
    Manchester City
    34.02%
    Arsenal
    5.15%
    Liverpool
    3.09%
    Newcastle United
    2.06%
    Tottenham Hotspur
    3.09%
    Real Madrid
    5.15%
    Barcelona
    7.22%
    Other (state who)
    2.06%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As the summer transfer window is coming slower and closer, so I might aswell make a thread to put supposed transfers in here. :yay:

A thread to post all the transfer rumours, speculation, fantasy, etc....:yes:

Who will your team sell? what big name players will be coming to your team?

Also there is a Poll Asking You about Which club do you think will spend the most on transfers this summer?

All thoughts and rumours here please.

First up - As we all know Drogba is leaving Chelsea so to replace drogba Porto striker Hulk might come in however 35mil is pretty high in my opinion.

Enjoy!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kalou and Bosingwa also seem to be leaving Chelsea , heard there is a rumour of Baines going to Man Utd , if that happens where does that leave Evra?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea. They're releasing players like it's going out of fashion and they'll use their champions of Europe to cover up their 6th place finish.

I reckon that Baines will definitely go to United. Everton are just their feeder club after all. They need a right back though truth be told.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Man City or Chelsea will be spending the most money. Mansour is still in the "have all the money you want" phase, and Chelsea will spend their CL money on trying to replace their ageing squad.

Just wish Hazard would shut up and make his mind up already, this media circus is getting tedious.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Chelsea. They're releasing players like it's going out of fashion and they'll use their champions of Europe to cover up their 6th place finish.

I reckon that Baines will definitely go to United. Everton are just their feeder club after all. They need a right back though truth be told.
    He will be expensive and is 27, doesn't really fit in with glazernomics, and from what I have seen isn't that much better than Evra defensively. I still have faith in Rafael, he's been brilliant going forward, links up with Valencia really well and is still only 21. If we sort out his sometimes suspect positioning and stop his lapses in concentration then im confident he will become a top full back. Vidic returning is only going to help him as well.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP shoud cahnge the thread title to Summer Transfer Rumour Thread: The Return of Silly Season
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If he is under 24, English and has had a good run of games at any point this season, then he ticks all the boxes for my team to sign him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool to sign Rodallega and Moses thanks to Roberto 'Better than Dalglish' Martinez.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pbsjohnz)
    If he is under 24, English and has had a good run of games at any point this season, then he ticks all the boxes for my team to sign him.
    That's what Henderson was last season at Sunderland, look how **** he is now.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea will spend money, but only just a bit more than Man City who can and will splash.
    Man U will buy Kagawa and Lewandowski probably. It's about time they actually bought some talent (apart from Young last year) rather than buying for the future. They need to buy for now because otherwise they really could fall behind Citeh.

Loving the released list too!
    Brad Guzan (GK), Craig Gordon (GK), Manuel Almunia (GK)
    Peter Ramage (RB), Julien Faubert (RB)
    Nicky Shorey (LB), Clint Hill (LB)
    Carlos Cuellar (CB), Fitz Hall (CB), Danny Gabbidon (CB), Zak Whitbread (CB)
    Paul Scharner (CB/DM)
    Owen Hargreaves (DM), Sean Davies (DM)
    Michael Tonge (MC), Papa Bouba Diop (MC)
    Ricardo Gardner (AML), James McFadden (AMRL), Michael Kightly (AMRL)
    Solman Tchoyi (AM)
    Emile Heskey (FC), John Carew (FC), Michael Owen (FC), Didier Drogba (FC)

^ That's a sick squad for Football Manager 2013! :drool:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evra > Baines defensively
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Feeder club? We haven't sold them anyone since 2004.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    They need a right back though truth be told.
    What's wrong with Jones??
    It's perhaps the best position for him. He wouldn't be allowed forward from centre-back, but at right-back at least he can attack whilst also using his defensive capabilities.
    Rafael is a decent back-up imo.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Evra > Baines defensively
    Are you sure?

The past two seasons Evra has been very suspect and shaky whilst defending.

Baines is far superior going forward, and if Utd do buy Baines, hopefully Evra will get his act together and stop fannying around on the pitch!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The most important news is that Michael Owen and Emile Heskey are both available on a free transfer in the summer.

What a combination that would be for the promoted teams!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    and John Carew as back up , shame Chris Kirkland has been snapped up , then who ever signs all 4 of them , would have the real deal and would be certain premer league champions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool to sign Rodallega and Moses thanks to Roberto 'Better than Dalglish' Martinez.
    Liverpool need some strength. Because Lucas is about our strongest player, or maybe Bellamy, enough has been said...

http://specialstuff4u.com
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicharito14)
    The most important news is that Michael Owen and Emile Heskey are both available on a free transfer in the summer.

What a combination that would be for the promoted teams!
    Yeah, Kalou, Bosingwa and Ferreira too!

I would actually love to see Owen/Heskey reunited though. Amazing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think Chelsea will outspend every other team in the league.

I see Man City spending on a similar level to Chelsea in order to retain their title.

Man Utd will probably be next in terms of spending and will get some class players. However, they'll generally need to meet the quality of the players Chelsea and Man City are signing as they'll be amongst the main title challengers.

I think Liverpool will spend the most amongst the non-title contenders. Need massive rebuilding imo. They'll need to spend big to attract players that generally wouldn't look at a team in Liverpool's position (league wise).

A successful summer for Arsenal will be signing RVP on a new contract unfortunately. Anything other than that is a bonus in my eyes. However, for RVP to sign, Arsenal will have to spend this summer.

Tottenham, can't really see much happening for them. Could potentially lose Modric and Bale. Not to mention that Adebayor could leave as well as Van Der Vaart. However, I expect them to keep the latter three. Modric will probably go to City or Chelsea imo.

Successful summer for Newcastle is similar to Arsenal's. Keep all the main players and anything else is a bonus.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't see Liverpool spending THAT much, the owners must be real saps to give them a massive budget for the 2nd year running.

They'l welcome back Acquilani (who I assume will be in their plans, it would be stupid not to include him) and Lucas. I think they just need a winger and a striker personally.

Chelsea will definately be biggest spenders, they are linked with £40mil for Hulk, £32mil for Lucas, £30mil+ for Hazard... one will definately materialise and they'l add cover at the back too.

Next will be Man City, they'l probably go in for Thiago Silva and Dani Alves, breaking the bank for the former.

Man Utd will go for value, Kagawa or Hazard (although both appear to be possible as of this moment, in which case they'd be up there with the spenders too).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.