The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by nulli tertius
And here's an Aber alumnus getting down on the dance floor (or discotheque as it is known) to prove it.

[video="youtube;CPncTy2AKeI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CPncTy2AKeI[/video]

You should take a look at one of our more recent dance-offs:

Freaky Stuff. And what's weirder, is that I see that girl almost every Wednesday in various places on Campus or around town. Every Wednesday. I don't even know who she is or what she studies. O_o
Reply 101
Original post by milienhaus
Surely upper third is actually year 7? Upper/lower sixth is still even called that, you have to count backwards.

haha nah it goes: Lower/Upper First (Year 6/7) Lower/Upper Third (Year 8/9) then Lower/Upper Fifth (Year 10/11) then Lower/Upper Sixth (Year 12/13)
I think Bath's pretty trendy - uni of the year and all that
Original post by Chris..
haha nah it goes: Lower/Upper First (Year 6/7) Lower/Upper Third (Year 8/9) then Lower/Upper Fifth (Year 10/11) then Lower/Upper Sixth (Year 12/13)

Every school does it differently, I've found, there's no general rule
Reply 104
Original post by RibenaRockstar

oh okayy, my mistake then
Reply 105
I think Bath's pretty trendy - uni of the year and all that

Is the Uni trendy fashion-wise? The town itself always seems full of beautiful, well-dressed people when I've been there. :smile:
Reply 106

Original post by Chris..
oh okayy, my mistake then

Mine had the Year 6 - Lower 3rd and Year 7 - Upper 3rd too, because then 1st year is the start of middle school. But we didn't have forms in lower school, we had 'Class 1', 'Class 2' etc, where class 1 = reception.
Original post by KiaraMarissa
You were playing a prince, yet you had to wear clothes that showed that you are not a boy.. That doesn't make sense.

You're right, it's not restricted to drama students. Not even to the UK! A lot of girls from my school rock that look as well. I have to admit that I like wearing leggings myself, though I prefer flowy loose tops over tanks. To each their own.

It was tongue in cheek because it's pantomime, the audience are meant to know it's a girl playing the prince :smile:

I like it with flowy tops and stuff, but when it's really tight, neon tank tops and every piece of clothing is a size too tight..... :eek4: :biggrin:
Reply 108
Original post by madders94
It was tongue in cheek because it's pantomime, the audience are meant to know it's a girl playing the prince :smile:

I like it with flowy tops and stuff, but when it's really tight, neon tank tops and every piece of clothing is a size too tight..... :eek4: :biggrin:

So fashionable!
Reply 109
Are you actually serious? Is this a serious thread? I'm not sure what to think of it. Whether the OP is deluded or is just an ignorant, attention-seeking idiot. Basing your choice of university off fashion? REALLY?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SoNottingH
So fashionable!

I know right. Want to know which uni I've firmed? Cause it'll be so fashionable once I'm there.
Reply 111
Original post by KiaraMarissa
I know right. Want to know which uni I've firmed? Cause it'll be so fashionable once I'm there.

Lulyez!!
Reply 112
Original post by RobertWhite
Are you actually serious? Is this a serious thread? I'm not sure what to think of it. Whether the OP is deluded or is just an ignorant, attention-seeking idiot. Basing your choice of university off fashion? REALLY?

You didn't read my post, just what other people are saying. I was asking which is the most fashionable in the sense of high status, which university brand is on the way up and which down.
Original post by zara55
Is the Uni trendy fashion-wise? The town itself always seems full of beautiful, well-dressed people when I've been there. :smile:

It will be next year when I'm there :wink:
Nah, it is fairly trendy. There were people in tutus everywhere promoting BUSMS's production of Fame when I was there last, so...
Reply 114
It will be next year when I'm there :wink:
Nah, it is fairly trendy. There were people in tutus everywhere promoting BUSMS's production of Fame when I was there last, so...

Fame... tutus... it's all too too fashionable for words! :smile:

I quite fancied going to Bath though just because the town is so cute. Then again, so's Edinburgh! :smile:
Original post by SoNottingH
EDIT 2 It's so funny that everyone negs my posting, but they are all busy discussing my topic, eg, which is most "in" or "on the way up or down" - seems like people don't like to admit that choosing a Uni is a matter of fashion as much as anything, even though that's exactly what it is.

I disagree that choosing a Uni is a matter of fashion, and I think you want to rethink how you view Uni choices. If you're going to go to Uni just so you can say you've been to Uni, then you may as well do something else with that £27k. Oxford/Cambridge are only as popular as they are because of the reputation that carries with it, but there's a difference between rep and fashion. Everyone in those Unis has worked really hard to get where they are, and they'll be going places because they've proved themselves by getting in to such a highly-valued Uni, and a Uni which teaches their students in such a way that they get snapped up by employers.

If you're going to Uni to be somewhere "fashionable" then you're taking places from people who actually want to be there for a good reason and you should rethink.

NINJAEDIT: I don't mean "you" as a person, I just mean people in general.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 116
Eny fule knows - the best way to choose your University is to close your eyes and stick a pin in the list.

Fashion or rep is as good a reason as any other, since most of the stuff they publish about themselves is a mix of lies and half-truths, a lot of the student writeups in places like TSR are sponsored spin and the ranking tables are hogwash.

Latest

Trending

Trending