The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 3 GCSE 24.05.12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by maxtate
Think theyre all fine, except for the last one, i think you had to stress that the pH was UNDER 7, not just that the weak acid has higher, or you couldve specified e.g. weak is 4-7, strong is 1-4 ,dunno though ull most likely get

Ahh, okay. Thank you :smile:
I hope you did well :smile:
Reply 41
I thought this exam was ok easier than I thought! But some of the calculations were complicated:-/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 42
Original post by mt1995
Don't mean to be a downer but surely as they used dilute hydrochloric acid rather than nitric acid, then the precipitate was formed due to the chloride ions in the acid rather than in the egg shell and therefore it can't be proved whether it did contain chloride ions??

it was sating thanks for clearing up the confusion i got it wrong haha
Reply 43
Original post by mt1995
Don't mean to be a downer but surely as they used dilute hydrochloric acid rather than nitric acid, then the precipitate was formed due to the chloride ions in the acid rather than in the egg shell and therefore it can't be proved whether it did contain chloride ions??

Yeah this is what i got aswell, as it did say he added silver nitrate solution to the colourless solution that was formed earlier
Reply 44
Original post by dylan.pv
Yeah this is what i got aswell, as it did say he added silver nitrate solution to the colourless solution that was formed earlier

Yay :smile: I was starting to think that I had overcomplicated things as all my friends put yes. At least there's one other person who agrees
Reply 45
its probably just me but for the concentration i got 0.63? can someone please tell me how they got 0.61 :smile: thanks
Reply 46
Original post by iBillyB
its probably just me but for the concentration i got 0.63? can someone please tell me how they got 0.61 :smile: thanks

it was the volume of the two substances times each other then divided by the number of moles :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by emily_p3
it was the volume of the two substances times each other then divided by the number of moles :smile:

Was one of the volumes 31.75? :s-smilie:
Reply 48
Original post by iBillyB

sorry ignore the first one it was the NaOH volume and the number of moles time each other then divided by the volume of the vinegar
Reply 49
Original post by iBillyB
Was one of the volumes 31.75? :s-smilie:

I think it was 31.5
Reply 50
i have forgotten what the amounts were sorry, put the equation i used was
Volume of acid x Concentration of acid = Volume of Alkali x Concentration of Alkali
sorry got the reply wrong again i meant concentration(its been a long day:wink:)
Reply 51
Original post by emily_p3
sorry ignore the first one it was the NaOH volume and the number of moles time each other then divided by the volume of the vinegar

ahh thanks :smile: what were the two volumes though? :smile:
Reply 52
Mark scheme?
Reply 53
Original post by iBillyB
ahh thanks :smile: what were the two volumes though? :smile:

was it 31.5 and 25? conc of NaOH 0.5?
Reply 54
Pardon me if I'm wrong :tongue: but 0.5/1000 x 31.5 = 0.01575, 0.01575/25 x 1000 = 0.63?

I think anyway :tongue:
Reply 55
Original post by iBillyB
Pardon me if I'm wrong :tongue: but 0.5/1000 x 31.5 = 0.01575, 0.01575/25 x 1000 = 0.63?

I think anyway :tongue:

Its a million percent 0.61, but forgot all values so dunno how i got lol
Reply 56
could someone post an unofficial mark scheme please :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by maxtate
Its a million percent 0.61, but forgot all values so dunno how i got lol

It was a titration calculation and thats the way you do them? these are the values that i remembered and others did, i wouldn't be so certain its 0.61, it might be butttt........ what did you guys get?
Reply 58
Original post by iBillyB
It was a titration calculation and thats the way you do them? these are the values that i remembered and others did, i wouldn't be so certain its 0.61, it might be butttt........ what did you guys get?

Ahh yhh checked with friends it was 30.5 not 31.5 soo...

(30.5/25) * 0.5 = 0.61 :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by maxtate
Ahh yhh checked with friends it was 30.5 not 31.5 soo...

(30.5/25) * 0.5 = 0.61 :smile:

ahh well i must have got 0.61 then haha :biggrin: i did them calculations must have forgot my answer :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending