Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

GAMSAT Course Recommendations?

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend good GAMSAT courses in the UK? Preferably London?

I've had a look at GradMed, which seem good but also quite expensive. I appreciate that no course will be cheap, but I want to make sure that if I'm going on a course that I've at least gone on the best one, or one that's well worth the money.

So if anyone's had any experience, or knows of someone that has, I would really appreciate your help.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i went on the gradmed course and out of my whole group (20) only 6 passed. It's expensive and not worth the money!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're better off spending on your money on the Gold Prep book which contains all the stuff you'd possibly need to know to get a decent score.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys really ripped that course apart!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you want me to email you the Griffiths booklet and medical interview questions booklet?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSESUguy)
    You guys really ripped that course apart!
    It's just that all they will teach you is the course content, and some tips on how to sit it. You can get all that from textbooks and the Griffiths review (see above)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabedentist2013)
    Do you want me to email you the Griffiths booklet and medical interview questions booklet?
    That'd be great
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    That'd be great
    Shall I send you my PayPal details?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shall I send you my PayPal details?
    Haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Haha
    You're from LSE, you should know nothing's free.
    I'll sell it for £8.99.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're from LSE, you should know nothing's free.
    I'll sell it for £8.99.
    Don't worry, if she doesn't back down and give you for free, I will. As an economist you'll know that it's good to undercut people
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattKneale)
    [CENTER]

Don't worry, if she doesn't back down and give you for free, I will. As an economist you'll know that it's good to undercut people
    Don't undercut me, I gave you a free book!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Come on guys... send one over! It's for a good cause
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You lot are dread.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    You lot are dread.
    Sorry, been a little busy. I have a copy of the Griffith GAMSAT review and Interview review which you can have. PM me your email and I'll attach it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi I just read this post I would be incredibly grateful if you could email then out to me too it would really help ! Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattKneale)
    Sorry, been a little busy. I have a copy of the Griffith GAMSAT review and Interview review which you can have. PM me your email and I'll attach it
    Ok so now I just sound like a scumbag :P but I would be SOOOO grateful if you could send it out to me too

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just found out I don't need to do the UKCAT (booked and prepared for) but now need to do the GAMSAT. Peninsula have pulled their 4 yr grad dentistry course and are now running it as a 5 yr requiring graduates to do the GAMSAT. Brilliant!

Initially I was going to throw the towel in but I've decided that since I did a degree level core chemistry exam in June and general science module that it might not be quite so bad.

Anyway, to cut to the question; is the Griffiths review the best place to start? Also what is the 'Gold Prep book' I can find loads of DVDs and other expensive resources, but is there just a book?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cptKernow)
    Just found out I don't need to do the UKCAT (booked and prepared for) but now need to do the GAMSAT. Peninsula have pulled their 4 yr grad dentistry course and are now running it as a 5 yr requiring graduates to do the GAMSAT. Brilliant!

Initially I was going to throw the towel in but I've decided that since I did a degree level core chemistry exam in June and general science module that it might not be quite so bad.

Anyway, to cut to the question; is the Griffiths review the best place to start? Also what is the 'Gold Prep book' I can find loads of DVDs and other expensive resources, but is there just a book?

Thanks
    Hey I hope your GAMSAT went well any tips for me? And books I can buy off you if your done with them :P thanks

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump!!!!! Has anyone got any gamsat books up for grabs please

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 20, 2014
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.