The Student Room Group

Red planet marketing?

Scroll to see replies

I worked for this company for 3 months, worked my arse off and it seemed at the time that I reeped many rewards. However, it is all door to door sales which isnt a glamorous job plus you have to be extremely good at the job to be even be thinking about getting that much money. I was classed as "very good" at the job and was still only getting roughly £150-220 a week. I was working 50hours a week. You get this thing called "bonds" which is how they make out that you're getting £300 a week, but you don't see that money until 4months after you started. I quit after 3months and have had to wait an additional 4months before I see the £400 I was owed. It has since been 4months and after emailing them my bond is now at £56 and I am still not getting it for another 4months. They have stolen over £300 frm me and I know I am not going to see that other £56. Believe me, they're nice people but it is not worth your while.
My friend used to work for a Cobra company. Exactly the same thing. Out working all hours, promised the moon and ended up earning next to nothing. Part of his commission was always held back with promises that he would get it later. In the end, he didn't get any of it. They basically stole some of the little money he got and there's pretty much nothing he could do about it.

Avoid these companies at all costs.
Reply 42
It's konocing on doors or shoping centres promotions I work for them all most 2 months and making between 300-500£ a week but it's not a job for lazy people if u work hard you will make money
Reply 43
Original post by Gordon1985
My friend used to work for a Cobra company. Exactly the same thing. Out working all hours, promised the moon and ended up earning next to nothing. Part of his commission was always held back with promises that he would get it later. In the end, he didn't get any of it. They basically stole some of the little money he got and there's pretty much nothing he could do about it.

Avoid these companies at all costs.

U quit because u are one of those lazy people whose don't like to learn and work hard if we was so bad we won't be so big and successful so wash your dirty mouth and go and work for an hour for someonelse instead chatting rubbish here for people whose ready to work hard and learn
Original post by Bahyrka
U quit because u are one of those lazy people whose don't like to learn and work hard if we was so bad we won't be so big and successful so wash your dirty mouth and go and work for an hour for someonelse instead chatting rubbish here for people whose ready to work hard and learn

Learn how to read and write thicko.

I've never worked for any Cobra company and never would. It sounds utterly awful. The whole premise of the company is to treat people like disposable, cheap labour. That obviously works well for the company (the handful of people at the top anyway).
I work for Red Planet. There is no scam, you're self employed, you don't pay them anything. You work and they pay you? I see no scam.
I think it's very unfair to publicly slam a company when you haven't even been in to see them yourself.
If they were a scam business why would anyone work for them full stop?
Think before you speak, you make yourself look incredibly stupid.
Comisson work only works for people who work hard. It's ideal for me as it's uncapped earning.
I've earnt over £1000 in one week!
I get separated from the lazy people COS I WORK HARD!
Maybe all you people know you'd make **** all cos you don't work hard.
I'm not asking anyone to work there I'm simply stating the facts of my employment there.
My experience has been fantastic and I don't appreciate all of you bad mouthing something you clearly have no idea about
Reply 46
Original post by Goodgirl1
I work for Red Planet. There is no scam, you're self employed, you don't pay them anything. You work and they pay you? I see no scam.
I think it's very unfair to publicly slam a company when you haven't even been in to see them yourself.
Comisson work only works for people who work hard. It's ideal for me as it's uncapped earning.
I'm not asking anyone to work there I'm simply stating the facts of my employment there.
My experience has been fantastic and I don't appreciate all of you bad mouthing something you clearly have no idea about

Haha. Joined yesterday and makes one post to support this crap scam. How dumb do you think people are?

You should feel ashamed of yourself and your pitiful attempt to make money out of vulnerable young people trying to find a job.
Reply 47
Original post by cool pilot dude
Okay, so I really need a job and was searching around on the job websites like totaljobs.com and came across this company called red planet marketing.

Thye said no training is needed in this sales assistant role (though I have some experience) and that I could be earning 250-500 pounds a week! :eek:

So I applied and just got a call now saying I have an interview tomorrow....

I would like to ask does anybody know this company? do you think its a scam? do you think its telesales and knocking on peoples doors?

got a call for interview myself rang them back and ask what they do they gave me a load of gobbled gook when they finished I said is it door to door sales reluctantly they said yes to which I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine

You're either a liar or a fantasist. And almost certainly an idiot.
I have no issue with door-to-door sales and working on a commission-only basis.
What I DO have an issue with is the lack of transparency when RP advertise themselves. Just state that it's door-to-door sales instead of leading people on. And like I said before, if it's still insulation they're doing, they need to train recruits on using power tools and have some kind of safety cover since I had to climb people's lofts, which weren't always safe, and use power drills to drill people's cavity walls.

And also, most managers have their own agenda and if you don't pick up sales quickly they try to turf you off onto someone else's team instead of helping you develop confidence.

Thankfully, my team leader, Paul Jones, was nice and helped me a lot but I still wouldn't encourage anybody to take on a job from any door-to-door sales company if it's insulation as most houses have been done already and unless there's a basic wage, you're going to find yourself struggling.

I suggest anybody that wants to go into sales to try telesales instead as most places have a basic wage with commission on top and opportunities to progress.
Reply 50
Oh FOR CHRIST SAKE BLUD... this job was the making of me being cynical, miserable and more depressed. Last year June 2013 i worked in this stupid ****ing company for three weeks. Nobody ****ing liked me, they saw me as the 'loner' because i didn't watch football or that i was a boring ****. I was always miserable and at one point i seriously thought i was going to end myself.

My team leader was some stupid Cyprus football mad idiot who was a chain-smoker and clearly brainwashed, he told me while i was there that he was opening his office in nottingham in november that year. Someone i knew recently worked there and told me he still there.

Carrying that ****ing ladder and drill everyday, i hated knocking on doors, i could see on the people face when i knocked on their door thinking 'who is this ****ing kid knocking on my door'.

fam, bottom line- i only made £152 in three weeks. until this day they still haven't finished paying me :mad:

However if you want to work sales, Shopping centre sales (or Events or private sites as it called) are better as i was one of the team leader of another company. you make a £20 per sale and its less stressful and its likely you can become a manager quickly than working in a ****ing door to door company. Those ****ing Red planet/Appco Bastards messed up my life more in 3 weeks. BASTARDS. :unimpressed:

RANT OVER:mad::mad:
Reply 51

OH SHUT THE **** UP. why do i have a feeling i know who you are. yes you can make £1000 is true, but red planet marketing is an anti-social manipulating brainwashing company who brainwash ***** like you to work 10-10 monday to saturday. I hate everybody in the whole of Appco group. why cant you work in shopping centres sales where you make a £20 per sale and being less hassle. and its like a 9-6 job as well instead of you killing yourself knocking doors for 10 hours, trying to make some money. idiot
Original post by O.Ozz
Oh FOR CHRIST SAKE BLUD... this job was the making of me being cynical, miserable and more depressed. Last year June 2013 i worked in this stupid ****ing company for three weeks. Nobody ****ing liked me, they saw me as the 'loner' because i didn't watch football or that i was a boring ****. I was always miserable and at one point i seriously thought i was going to end myself.

My team leader was some stupid Cyprus football mad idiot who was a chain-smoker and clearly brainwashed, he told me while i was there that he was opening his office in nottingham in november that year. Someone i knew recently worked there and told me he still there.

Carrying that ****ing ladder and drill everyday, i hated knocking on doors, i could see on the people face when i knocked on their door thinking 'who is this ****ing kid knocking on my door'.

fam, bottom line- i only made £152 in three weeks. until this day they still haven't finished paying me :mad:

However if you want to work sales, Shopping centre sales (or Events or private sites as it called) are better as i was one of the team leader of another company. you make a £20 per sale and its less stressful and its likely you can become a manager quickly than working in a ****ing door to door company. Those ****ing Red planet/Appco Bastards messed up my life more in 3 weeks. BASTARDS. :unimpressed:

RANT OVER:mad::mad:

I was there during that time. What's your name? And are you talking about Theo? I never had him as a leader but yeah mosy of them were kinda spouting the same rubbish. I was there from late May until mid August.
Reply 53
Original post by future_banker
I was there during that time. What's your name? And are you talking about Theo? I never had him as a leader but yeah mosy of them were kinda spouting the same rubbish. I was there from late May until mid August.

Yes Theo! him, his smoking gave me a trip to the GP because i inhaled so much as a non-smoker and became ill so quickly. Did you enjoy your job and made good money there?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by O.Ozz
Yes Theo! him, his smoking gave me a trip to the GP because i inhaled so much as a non-smoker and became ill so quickly. Did you enjoy your job and made good money there?

I enjoyed the people. The money not so much. It has given my CV a boost but that's about it. I left last August. Working as a waitress now.
I worked for a company like this and to be honest, you can only succeed if you have the right mind-set for it. This doesn't change the fact that they manipulate you and when your sales go down you are more or less turned into a pariah.

They never lie outright but they are guilty of omission.

If you Don't work for them, they do not care.
If you sing their praises they will not pay attention.

BUT... If you bad-mouth them and they find out then get ready for a dressing down that only a brainwashed human being can deliver and yes, they will twist everything to make you seem both ignorant and down right evil.

My advice is that if you have something to say about Red Planet or any other type of office within the same group, then say it and don't let them bully you
Reply 56
They have a few offices so it depends on what office you are applying for, The London Office Specializes in Events Marketing and the Offices In the North Tend to do different types of Sales & Marketing some do Events and others do Door to Door so it really depends on the office you are applying for. but their not trying to sell you anything.
Reply 57
Man.. this thread is jokes! Bottom line is most if not all commission based jobs are bad and unethical, its funny because these marketing firms will give themselves cool names, making them sound fun. Lololol

Posted from TSR Mobile
You people clearly don't understand the direct sales industry and how effective it is for example a charity, considering you are supposed to be university students your ignorance towards this is staggering
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous seller
You people clearly don't understand the direct sales industry and how effective it is for example a charity, considering you are supposed to be university students your ignorance towards this is staggering

Nice first post

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending