The Student Room Group

Red planet marketing?

Scroll to see replies

I personally know someone who works for 3 months with Red Planet and she was virtually homeless and penniless and from abroad. She told me how hard it was with days starting from 9-9 commission based, what a bloody liberty!

yeah I work for a company that works along side red planet. I stated this at firstso jump off your high horse. I don't earn money by misleading young people into working for me at all. You obviously know nothing about the company. Yes it is a direct sales company but that's all you lot seem to be focusing on. And because you all have your heads so far up your arses, do you even know what red planet does sales wise? It's actually doing charities. UNICEF, RSPCA etc. so no it is not misleading people at all.
I earn my m
oney through simple sales that I work hard for. Pretty sure 10 years time I'll be so much better off than most of you closed minded people anyway. Before your criticise a company, get facts
Red planet - The no go zone, because no one gets anywhere apart from those cracking the whip

My issue isn't that you're a direct sales company. My issue is how you mislead young people with gross overestimations of earning potential and wild stories about management etcetera when in reality you just want the cheapest labour possible to walk door to door for you. No commitment on the part of the company, just the cheapest labour, below minimum wage I imagine, walking around in a dead end job. If you want people to do that be damn well open about it, don't lie. All someone has to do is Google red planet to see all the horror stories, and the only good stories seem to come from mindless 1 post drones like yourself.
Original post by Bahyrka
U quit because u are one of those lazy people whose don't like to learn and work hard if we was so bad we won't be so big and successful so wash your dirty mouth and go and work for an hour for someonelse instead chatting rubbish here for people whose ready to work hard and learn[/

Quit because it is modern pisstaking slavery
Red Planet are like the Jehovah witness cult, they promise massively but will only let you know bit by bit once you sign up - I don't like the lack of transparency in the interview - when you come back tomorrow we will tell you more, on your bike mate, I definately made sure I didnt go back.

Original post by future_banker
I have no issue with door-to-door sales and working on a commission-only basis.
What I DO have an issue with is the lack of transparency when RP advertise themselves. Just state that it's door-to-door sales instead of leading people on. And like I said before, if it's still insulation they're doing, they need to train recruits on using power tools and have some kind of safety cover since I had to climb people's lofts, which weren't always safe, and use power drills to drill people's cavity walls.

And also, most managers have their own agenda and if you don't pick up sales quickly they try to turf you off onto someone else's team instead of helping you develop confidence.

Thankfully, my team leader, Paul Jones, was nice and helped me a lot but I still wouldn't encourage anybody to take on a job from any door-to-door sales company if it's insulation as most houses have been done already and unless there's a basic wage, you're going to find yourself struggling.

I suggest anybody that wants to go into sales to try telesales instead as most places have a basic wage with commission on top and opportunities to progress.
I went into this job and its door to door sales its hard work and your not guarenteed money once youve made it as it could viod fail ect. You started at 10 and you would get out in the field for 3 within them hours you are in the office and not earning after that your having to walk around in all weather and you finish at half 8-9 but you dont get back to the office till like half 9-10ish and then you where expected to do paper work so by time you where heading home you could imagine the time. Not only that you had to make your own way there and then you where having to pay £3 a day to get to the field ontop of all the other expenses like food drink transport so for all the hours you work as its 6 days a week it seems like a good idea but you can also end up not earning anything but still having to pay out and knock on peoples doors and get verbaly griefed for the job you do. Sorry for the long over view but if anyone was to go into this job id think long and hard about it and are you financially stable to start the job and ready to put in the hard work and long hours.
Hi, I have an interview today with redseven marketing company for the position of sales and customer service team. Does anyone know or have heard about this company?
Do not work for these marketing companies, they need to be banned. Its a commission only job where you are sold the idea of owning a office one day. You can more often then not spend more then 8 hours trying to get a sale they work with companies such as npower and axa they too need to be outed for using this service. They get around the law as potential employees are self employed. They are exploiting young minds, if your not making a minimum of 400 after week two leave! Its not for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending