The Student Room Group

Mr K's OCR (not OCR MEI) S1 answers May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
isn't 4 iii 3/5? not 4/5?

See i got 2/3, and i'm getting it now hahaha. isn't it just (Red, Red, Red) + (Red, Black, Red), or am i missing something completely?
isn't 4 iii 3/5? not 4/5?

There are two ways of getting it:

R R R or R B R

3/5 prob for first and 1/5 prob for second so total 4/5
Original post by Doctor.
I found out the values for z were 38 or 39

How many marks would I get for that?

PS thank you and we love you! :love:

The whole bit is 2 marks so you would get 1.

I love you too.
Original post by Bohla
See i got 2/3, and i'm getting it now hahaha. isn't it just (Red, Red, Red) + (Red, Black, Red), or am i missing something completely?

nvm, mr m just corrected me
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Any chance of uploading a scanned paper?
Original post by olivers16

Not my property to upload. OCR rules say we can only use actual papers with our own students in our Centre.
Original post by Mr M
The whole bit is 2 marks so you would get 1.

I love you too.

loool

Also for 1)ii) if you wrote 3.94 and not 3940, one mark dropped?

And as always, very much appreciated

And 0 marks if i wrote lower class as 22?

p.s: is Mr K mr Khan from khan academy? :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mr M
If you put 0.0147 kg that would be fine. Rounding to 0.01 is likely to lose 1 accuracy mark. The front of the paper tells you to use 3 s.f. for non-exact answers.

You don't have Mr K's method for Qu 8ii b) by any chance? The answer seems familiar but I was wanting to double check it.
Original post by olivers16

There's an uploaded copy on another thread
Reply 29
for the profit question i got 110 but i crossed out the working (its still readable) would i still get credit for it?
Original post by ht4
for the profit question i got 110 but i crossed out the working (its still readable) would i still get credit for it?

If you didn't replace it with anything else then yes.
Reply 31
Original post by As_Dust_Dances_
There's an uploaded copy on another thread

link?
loool

Also for 1)ii) if you wrote 3.94 and not 3940, one mark dropped?

And as always, very much appreciated

And 0 marks if i wrote lower class as 22?

p.s: is Mr K mr Khan from khan academy? :P

1 mark if you mean 3.394.

I'm not familiar with S1 mark schemes but there are 14 different ways to work out quartiles so you might be lucky!

And .... no.
Reply 34
Would anyone be a brilliant help and do a workthrough for question 9i, both parts a and b? my values are out by a small amount (0.06561 and 0.3439) and i'm wondering how i should've done it. Cheers :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Bohla
Would anyone be a brilliant help and do a workthrough for question 9i, both parts a and b? my values are out by a small amount (0.06561 and 0.3439) and i'm wondering how i should've done it. Cheers :smile:

Sorry, nevermind, realised i'd done X=5 and X<5 instead of 6. Stupid wording of question caught me out with the 5 past midnight bit.

Anyone have any idea how many marks i lose? i've seen past papers award 2/3 for using the adjacent power either side of the real one by accident
Reply 36
does anyone know what the grade boundries might be for an A? also for W and X i said they were 30 and not 0 will i still drop the mark?
Apparently people are complaining to OCR about the way the questions were phrased, which is understandable as it did seem like some of the questions weren't explained fully and that it had been written in a rush.
Original post by Mr M
1 mark if you mean 3.394.

I'm not familiar with S1 mark schemes but there are 14 different ways to work out quartiles so you might be lucky!

And .... no.

would that be one mark dropped or gained?

and yay!!

thank you
would that be one mark dropped or gained?

and yay!!

thank you

1 mark dropped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending