Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you kill if really pushed to the limit?

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: if someone attacked you and you feared for your life, would you brick his head in?
    YES
    85.57%
    NO
    14.43%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    not trying to be a cool kid or anything but I honestly don't place that much value on life in the first place

I mean there's 7 billion people on the planet, millions of people could die one day and it wouldn't really make a difference lol

Everyone dies eventually, it's just natural, doubt they really care about life once they are dead

I don't think I would have a problem with killing someone but I definitely wouldn't do it without a very good reason
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I would try to, though I'd probably brick it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, I don't think I have it in me, but who knows what I'd do under that sort of pressure...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most people would defend the lives of themselves/family if push came to shove - the law allows for that too in terms of 'reasonable force' . If an assailant has a lethal weapon, using a brick would be perfectable reasonable
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Entity)
    OK, say your being attacked...this guy is mental...really hurting you yeah.

There's a brick near you, could you pick it up and kill said attacker?
    I've seen enough episodes of Deadliest Warrior to kill him a thousand times over with that brick.

Seriously though, I doubt I'd hesitate to grab the brick and smash him across the head with it. I wouldn't try and incapacitate him until the police arrived, just go for it.

Of course, I might be overestimating how much of a badass I am, so truthfully I don't know. I'd like to think I could protect myself, friends or family against an attacker.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If someone had killed/was trying to kill myself or my family I would respond as best I could,in self defense and anger probably but that doesn't mean I could kill them,not sure I would have the strength,if I say had to beat them with a break,especially if they had a gun or a knife I probably wouldnt survive.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reading the responses I think it is apparent a lot of people think they are capable of murder, and probably would freely do so if there werent any reprocussions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** wouldn't kill?!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it really bad that the first thing I thought of was the Hunger Games? XD
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill someone if there was no other option. But if I had the opportunity to say hit them with the brick knock them out or incapacitate them and run I would do that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you'd push me to Click image for larger version. 

Name:	limit1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	150999
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone has that survival urge and if its triggered would kill in order to survive, protect etc. i can honestly say if it was a choice between me and this person attacking me i would kill them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse Rocker)
    I've seen enough episodes of Deadliest Warrior to kill him a thousand times over with that brick.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.