The Student Room Group

I'm not sure where to put this.

Anyway, I am new to these forums, I actually signed up because I have been using TSR For years now. I've never actually made an account though. So you can say I've been a member for many years. Let me get to the point.

Anyway I am in my AS Year. I just finished doing my AS Levels, I was determined to get A's in every subject. But Family Stress, Laziness, and so many other factors just made me undetermined to go to the medical course I've always wanted to go to.

The Sixth form I go to, they don't allow January Exams (Unless it's a retake) So I didn't really get the shock of failure the first time. I won't say I did TOO Badly in these exams. But I won't get higher than CCC Or if A miracle Happens BCC.

I really want to apply for medicine when I get to A2 But I hear too much about how resitting can completely ruin your chances. I am naturally clever and can get A'S Easily if I work hard. Anyway, My question is (After reading all this) Is it possible I can get into medicine if I retake and get Amazing grades?

Any Input would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by MontanaRC
Anyway, I am new to these forums, I actually signed up because I have been using TSR For years now. I've never actually made an account though. So you can say I've been a member for many years. Let me get to the point.

Anyway I am in my AS Year. I just finished doing my AS Levels, I was determined to get A's in every subject. But Family Stress, Laziness, and so many other factors just made me undetermined to go to the medical course I've always wanted to go to.

The Sixth form I go to, they don't allow January Exams (Unless it's a retake) So I didn't really get the shock of failure the first time. I won't say I did TOO Badly in these exams. But I won't get higher than CCC Or if A miracle Happens BCC.

I really want to apply for medicine when I get to A2 But I hear too much about how resitting can completely ruin your chances. I am naturally clever and can get A'S Easily if I work hard. Anyway, My question is (After reading all this) Is it possible I can get into medicine if I retake and get Amazing grades?

Any Input would be appreciated.

By retaking do you mean the year? or just some modules?
I hope you do get into medicine but the truth is medicine normally look at your AS grades and even if you get amazing A2 grades the chances of you getting into medicine straight after A2 are very, very slim. I'd recommend that you retake some modules in A2 get amazing grades take a gap year and in that gap year get LOADS of work experience and then re apply.
It all depends on how committed you are into getting into Medicine.
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending