Original post by willp93
You're not so good with numbers are you! :tongue:

Haha generally no I am not.

What's my mistake? :tongue:

edit:

Oh dear, I see the problem now.

Makes 104 hours not 2000 . I mis read :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Actually it makes 208 if it's 2 hours a week for 2 years (2x52=104x2=208)
There are plenty of things I'm nervous about, but driving lessons are not one of them. Tend to look forward to them :smile: Normally only worried about not getting up in time for them as they are often on days off!
Reply 23
I used to feel sick before driving lessons out of nerves. Now I've had so many hours of lessons I actually look forward to it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still get a bit nervous before driving lessons even though its my partner that is teaching me! You would think that would make me less nervous but sometimes it doesn't! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I have the same symptoms as you mate
I have Asperger's and terrible anxiety and I get really scared just before my driving lesson. To make things worse I have to come to him as aposed to him picking me up so I have the whole car journey to get myself really churned up and I have panic Attacks. I had a really severe one at the wheel a few months ago and I get scared that it will happen again. Funny, I am essentially scared of beong scared!
Reply 27
Original post by adamtuck
I get like this too. I'm 17, and had 14 and a half hours of lessons. (First lesson was an hour and a half)
Iv had a few bad lessons, maybe 2 or 3. But mostly they have been decent lessons, my last lesson was pretty good, he had a Citroen DS3, but he sold it and bought another brand new one because his old one was up to 40,000 miles, doesn't sound like a lot, but he only had the car a year by this point.
But yeah, my last lesson, last Friday, was my first time driving his new DS3 and my first lesson in about a month. (I hadn't been very well)
I'm usually able to take my mind off it for a few hours before the lesson, then about 40 mins before the lesson i start getting nervous, i feel sick, i need to go for a pee a lot, my stomach is churning a lot, i end up trying to do deep breathes to just relax myself, they don't work for me though, as soon as i stop i get nervous again.
I have never been a confident person though, i was bullied a lot through school and had lots of medical problems through the years, so because of that, i just tend to look on the bad side of things all the time, i go into things thinking the worst all the time, if i do well then i surprise myself and i think of it as a fluke, if i don't do well or i fail whatever it is i'm trying to do, then i think ''Yup, just what i expected'' It's so frustrating, lots of people tell me to be confident and look at the good side of things, but it isn't easy for me.
I failed my theory test the first time, 49/50 on the questions, and 40/75 on the Hazard perception, the hazard perception pass mark is 44, so i missed out on 4 points lol. That was another £31 i had to pay. The 2nd time i went into it not giving a s**t, i was cocky, i was a smart ass, i expect to fail, but thought f**k it, whatever happens..happens. And it seemed to work for me because i passed pretty easily the 2nd time.
My instructor says its fear of the unknown with me, i haven't got a test booked yet, but all i keep thinking is, if i get this nervous on lessons with someone iv spent 14 hours in a car with, how the hell am i going to cope on a test. I quite often feel like i wanna give up on driving already, just because i feel like i will never pass my test when i do take it, and i'm really scared of hearing those words at the end....I'm sorry to tell you, you have failed''
I even bought some rescue remedy spray a few days ago, i used it a few days ago, i got up very early with only afew hours sleep, and i was meeting my dad to play Snooker, after 30 mins of playing snooker i started playing really badly, i felt very grumpy, i didn't feel motivated and i was just tired, i couldn't be bothered, i used some rescue remedy, this was the first time using it, and after 5 mins i did feel different, i had a spring in my step, just in general felt quite cherpy and confident and i maintained it for the next few hours that we played.
I don't know if it was Rescue remedy or not, i haven't tried it for nerves yet though, i have a driving lesson tomorrow, Friday at 3pm, so i will try it and see if it does anything for me. I'm already dreading this lesson. But yeah, maybe you should try some rescue remedy seeing as you get so nervous too. It might help you relax a bit. I'm sorry for the long post, i got kinda carried away. Hope no one minds.
Oh and the reason i blanked out the swear words is because i'm new here and i wasn't sure if i could swear or not lol. :biggrin:
Have a great day everyone.

I get nervous about 30-40 minutes before a lesson as well, but once I get in the car with my driving instructor I am fine. Whenever I have a few lessons left before my test I get more nervous and don't do well on my driving lesson and so we have to put the test back. I have just rearranged my 3rd test after I was supposed to do my test in June and then it got put back to August and now been put back to October. How long have you been driving for? I have been driving since October and the time my new rearranged test comes around I would have been doing driving lessons a year. I am a bit like you, not very confident really and school didn't suit me. It made me feel like I was useless because I only passed English language and ICT, but the way they teach you, there is only one way they do it and if you can't do it that way and don't get the grades you are classed as a failure.
Yes I'm exactly the same I am absolutely fine with driving a car but waiting for my driving lesson start that day my stomach like washing machine and I'm always at the toilet. Once in the car I'm absolutely fine
I was always very, very nervous before mine, despite the fact I was actually a good driver, and a family member (qualified driving instructor) was teaching me.

Just remember that your lessons aren't forever. You'll have an average of 40, many of which you've probably already got through, and then your test. Then, you can do something that will quite simply change your life, and there is no doubt in my mind that it is absolutely worth pushing through the nerves for that.

My nerves were severe, too, as I have an anxiety disorder - so I'm not just talking about minor worries.
Hi I'm get really nervous and lack confidence I know I can drive need to believe in myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending