The Student Room Group

Newcastle vs nottingham

I just applied for a Law LLB and I got a couple of offers, and I want to reply to them asap, but i am having a slight issue, I don't know whether to choose between Newcastle Or Nottingham, I am not familiar with the campus, accommodation etc.. so If anyone can help? and give me some pros and cons?! Thanks! :smile:
Original post by monsterdeeX
I just applied for a Law LLB and I got a couple of offers, and I want to reply to them asap, but i am having a slight issue, I don't know whether to choose between Newcastle Or Nottingham, I am not familiar with the campus, accommodation etc.. so If anyone can help? and give me some pros and cons?! Thanks! :smile:

In terms of reputation I think most people would say that Nottingham has a significant edge, though Newcastle is still a good place to do Law.

Nottingham is a campus university with very nice grounds. Most halls are catered. The nightlife is good if a little chavvy in my opinion. As I've said I think you will find more Nottingham grads in top firms.

Newcastle is, I think, not a campus university. I imagine there will be a wider choice of halls etc. though some may be further from the university. Nightlife/student life is also meant to be quite good here. Dryer than Nottingham but also colder. I know that the Law department is supposed to be very friendly and pretty good.

Quick Reply

Latest