The Student Room Group

What would you do if you failed your A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

hmm this seems familiar, I'd pick and do a foundation on it at a uni or something for a year...so that i can progress onto undergraduate in uni.
I would retake my a levels and then apply to uni. But I want to be a professional hockey player in the future so it wouldn't change that :smile:
Take a break, study harder and retake them.
Original post by Kallisto
This is one of the aspects which are just poor in my opinion. Learning shouldn't be a work, it should be fun - and interesting, no matter what a doctrine it is.

I do agree 100%. I used to enjoy GCSEs but A Levels was not good at all. Just a lot of stress and anxiety for me :frown:
Probably live life to its fullest. I would go abroad, smoke weed and have fun. Everything that im deprived of doing due to studies.
Original post by LifeIsGood
I do agree 100%. I used to enjoy GCSEs but A Levels was not good at all. Just a lot of stress and anxiety for me :frown:

I do my best to get an A-level, but if its not so good, I'm not frustrated in myself, even if I don't pass it. I'm learning a lot, I'm learning with pleasure and that is good.
Resit desparatly and use the year avaliable to work and create a fund for uni.
Reply 107
Original post by Tudball
I never did A-Levels. :yeah:

What DID you do? o.0
I'd go to New York as I planned and get a bar job and a day job so that I could support myself. I'd explore non-academic growth like learning an instrument, learning a language and then just save a little so that I could do nice things. I'd meet new people, move on with my life and see where it takes me.

It would be disappointing, but I would probably still enjoy my life just as much. It would just be different. As long as I have a roof over my head, a bed, a shower, enough food and water and I'm happy then I suppose life wouldn't be too bad.
How about suicide? It is an exaggerated emotion in my opinion, but there were people who commit suicide concerning bad marks, why not?

That is disgusting, are you like a troll or something trying to make yourself feel better by manipulating people to say they'd commit-suicide over bad a-level results. The **** is wrong with you dude
Original post by maverick123
That is disgusting, are you like a troll or something trying to make yourself feel better by manipulating people to say they'd commit-suicide over bad a-level results. The **** is wrong with you dude

Calm down! That was an ironic comment in terms of apocalyptic mood. Why so serious?
Reply 111
Original post by Alia223
What DID you do? o.0

Finished my final year in Canada.
Original post by smd4std
Suicide isn't an emotion. Suicide is an action

I know that:smile:
Calm down! That was an ironic comment in terms of apocalyptic mood. Why so serious?

Because suicide is serious
Original post by LSD
play runescape.

who the **** plays runescape these days...
Btw id so smash your back doors in :smile:
Reply 115
Retake :smile:
have a gap-year then retake :smile:
Reply 117
Original post by LifeIsGood

Agreed with you here. I have been very stressed out because of exams
Reply 118
This is one of the aspects which are just poor in my opinion. Learning shouldn't be a work, it should be fun - and interesting, no matter what a doctrine it is.

This is exactly the reason I'm dying to leave school! Never been so miserable in my life.
Original post by Blastoise
Agreed with you here. I have been very stressed out because of exams

If Uni is like A Levels I'm leaving, I'm not spending 3 years being miserable like I was for A Levels :/

Quick Reply

Latest