63 stone teen

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL and now the taxpayer has to pay for her poor personal choices

This is one of many reasons why the NHS is not good
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Incidentally, the 'Daily Mail' is a truly crap excuse for a newspaper. In one picture it's captioned with her eating 'a lolly'; she's actually holding a brush. How stupid do they think their readers are? :lolwut:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but why the hell is everyone blaming the parents? Obviously when she was younger, and her parents cooked for her - they were to blame, but she's 19 now ffs she is perfectly capable of making her own choices. The whole story is sickening, and now the media are trying to get the readers to feel sympathy for her when she is the one who is completely to blame for her current state. Eugh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    I'm sorry but why the hell is everyone blaming the parents? Obviously when she was younger, and her parents cooked for her - they were to blame, but she's 19 now ffs she is perfectly capable of making her own choices. The whole story is sickening, and now the media are trying to get the readers to feel sympathy for her when she is the one who is completely to blame for her current state. Eugh.

Well I am assuming it's her parents who have been feeding her the junk, she's been housebound and basically immobile for at least six months. That's what I meant by failed by her parents/caregivers.

She is mostly to blame for her weight gain, at least up until she became housebound.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For all those asking, why she couldn't stop eating, you have never had a serious addiction or problem? This is not too far off to anorexia or albumen except it's more of an addiction as well as a mental problem. She had been raised with extremely bad habits to food, she was 30 stone at 15, you don't just suddenly change your eating habits in a blink or get over depression from feeling like a failure.

This is like telling a smoker of 20 a day to "just stop smoking" or an alcoholic to "just stop drinking". It's an addiction and her family were encouraging her.

I presume she didn't have a job, so couldn't buy her own food, and her mum didn't change her own habits, so being offered chips, pizza, take away every meal instead of trying to stick to her regime would've buckled her resolve and then feeling depressed about it and gaining weight and getting zero support from her family would've made her worse.

If she had lived alone and bought her own food, then it would've been her own fault, but with her main influence (her mum) buying in all the crap and not even trying to make her a healthy small dinner, it was only a matter of time.

This was just delayed by fat camp. No doubt she would've gotten to that size much earlier.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekyNick)
    I can't quite decide whether to judge her or feel sorry for her.
    Trust me, it is much, much funnier to judge her.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    pics or it didn't happen
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisLiveTv)
    pics or it didn't happen
    There are pictures in the link that the OP provided...:rolleyes:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say, I know it's not really the point but this girl does not weigh 63 stone, I would say she weighs about 40 stone at the most, the media are exaggerating, I'm not saying it's right what happened, but she isn't that heavy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steeler4life)
    I think its really sad. Read another article about her a while ago. She'd been about 40 stone, and gone to a fat camp in america. She lost about half her body weight, but when she got home, her mum bought fish and chips as her first meal back because she apparently didn't have enough time to do a healthy meal for her.
    I don't think it's sad, I think the mother is a fool. There are plenty of fruit and veg for sale in Tesco's.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.