The Student Room Group

AS resits in A2

So i just finished my AS unit 2 exams and I did horribly at all of them. I'm expecting a B (overall) in both chem and bio, C or below in maths and an A in psychology. The difficulty is I want to apply for 2013 entry whose deadline is 15 of October this year and my resits for chem bio and maths are January 2013. The universities I'm applying to (nottingham, manchester, sheffiled for medicine) would straight away reject me due to those horrendous grades. Do you think it is a better idea to finish A2, come out with As and then apply for 2014 entry?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by nothepreacher
So i just finished my AS unit 2 exams and I did horribly at all of them. I'm expecting a B (overall) in both chem and bio, C or below in maths and an A in psychology. The difficulty is I want to apply for 2013 entry whose deadline is 15 of October this year and my resits for chem bio and maths are January 2013. The universities I'm applying to (nottingham, manchester, sheffiled for medicine) would straight away reject me due to those horrendous grades. Do you think it is a better idea to finish A2, come out with As and then apply for 2014 entry?

Yes I would definitely think that you should apply for 2014 entry if you don't get decent overall grades because they probably will count against you. Having said that, if you get predicted AAA there is no harm in applying for 2013 entry because if anything at least you would become more familiar with the process.
Reply 2
Actually AS grades aren't all that important. They are to some (UCL, cambridge off the of my head) but I think most are fine with 'low' AS grades if you have the all important AAA predictions.
Reply 3
dont listen to myrrh
What can you lose by applying this year??

Aslong as you get predicted AAA you may aswell have a shot at it and if it doesnt go right atleast you can have a better understanding of the process for next time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending